I work with students across two Schools. Principally with Fine Art, Decorative Arts, Furniture & Product Design, Textile Design students, but have also assisted Theatre Design, Design for Television, Architecture, Interior Architecture Design and Fashion.
Graduating in 1991, from the BA (Hons) Crafts degree at Manchester Metropolitan University, Andrew moved to Nottingham to participate in the East Midlands Arts Schools Studio residency programme. He was a member of the Attic Studio before moving into education as a 3D Design technician, firstly at Broxtowe College and then Nottingham Trent University.
Andy is a studio-based practitioner working in ceramics, glass and wood. His art interests are concerned with technical process, material integrity and longevity versus ephemerality. Projects follow the course of crafted ceramic artefacts and archaeological process; the made, the lost, the buried and the discovered. He is a contributor to the Fine Art ‘Still Unresolved’ website (www.stillunresolved.org).
Sponsors and collaborators
- Anna Collette Hunt – contributing to and firing the ‘Stirring the Swarm’ installation at Nottingham Castle.
- Jason Marks – firing of architectural tile commission for the Royal Estates, London.
- Yelena Popova – firing of ceramic works for exhibition at Nottingham Contemporary.
- Rebecca Beinart – firing of works for Jerwood Arts Ceramics Prize exhibition.
- Anna K.E. – glazing and firing of works for exhibition at PRIMARY, Nottingham.
- Dance4 – firing of clay outcomes from a performance workshop
- NTU Advanced Textiles Research Group – ceramic components and firings.
Ceramics Review article: July/August 2016