Kathryn is the Course Leader on the BA (Hons) Graphic Design programme. She contributes to all levels of the course and is currently the joint module/year leader for level 6 (final year). Alongside her teaching responsibilities she is involved with organising guest speakers and forging and maintaining links and collaborative projects with industry and external bodies.
Kathryn joined the University in 2008. Prior to this she was based in London and worked for The Times Supplements as their Deputy Head of Design (1995 until 2006). She then took over the role of Art Editor for The Times Higher, which she held until she joined Nottingham Trent University.
- Editorial design / interpretation, the book as artefact
- Experimentation and Failure within the creative process
- New directions in information design
- ISTD (Member of the International Society of Typographic Designers)
- FHEA (Fellow of The Higher Education Academy)
- FRSA (Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts)
- External Examiner, BA (Hons) Branding and Identity, London College of Communication (LCC)
- External Reviewer, BA (Hons) Visual Communication, Arts university Bournemouth (AUB)
- Reviewer, Bloomsbury Books
An introduction to information design, Laurence King Publishing, 2014 ISBN 978-1-78067-338-7.
Kathryn's areas of expertise are:
- Graphic design