Lecturer / Senior Lecturer
- Module leader for FASH30103/3014 – Negotiated Fashion Design: Portfolio & Research Projects.
- Year Three (level 6): organisation of module.
- Teaching tutorials, personal tutor and open access 3D sessions.
- FASH10104 – Design process: concept, form and image. Year One (level 4) – Fabric lectures & workshops (for both project 1 & 2).
- FASH20205 - Design context, technology, commerce and Innovation Year Two (level 5) – Fabric lectures for menswear fabrics & workshops, lectures in collection design and final collection route lecture in preparation for Year Three ( for both
- HKDI- Teaching final year students at the Hong Kong Design Institute in Hong Kong. Tutorials for final collections and 2D to 3D open access.
- Interviewing students for course entry.
- Responsible for providing fabric resources, fabric sourcing and buying fabrics for fabric store/student use.
- Dec 2008-9: Senior Fashion Lecturer at Northampton University P/Time- tutorials, and 2D to 3D sessions & fabric lectures.
- July 2007-8: Hourly paid lecturer at London College of Fashion - lectures and workshops, tutorials & seminars.
- April 2001-6: Studio co-ordinator at Michiko Koshino Japan Co. Ltd. London-
Organisation and Planning of design studio & staff. International travel for production/press events.
- 1998: Guest lecturer at Ravensbourne College of Design & Communication - Lecture on branding and current work.
- 1993: Guest lecturer at Manchester Metropolitan University- Design briefing for a chosen market level and current work.
- 1981- 2001: Designer at Michiko Koshino Japan Co. Ltd. London - designing & sampling, fabric liaison. Designing a wide range of diverse fashion products. International travel for production/press events.
- 1976-81: Designer / Pattern Cutter at Be Sharp, London and New York.
- Initially reading books on the ‘design process’ to assess information currently available.
- Research to design to design development-to fabrication are Krystyna's main topics of interest and research.
- Ningbo , China Fashion Week ( Nov 2011) – overseas press / employment opportunities for fashion graduates to show case their collections in Ningbo, China.
- Organisation of garments to feature in fashion show and attending the exhibition for networking with fashion companies for future projects/competitions.
- Attending fabric exhibitions and Future Fabric Expo (with an emphasis on sustainability).
Sponsors and collaborators
- Hawes & Curtis - setting up of a student ‘design a shirt’ competition – involving an industry briefing, feedback, and the production of the winning shirt in the Nottingham and Regent Street, London store.
- Abercrombie & Fitch - competition involving industry briefing, interim visit, feedback, and interviews for design position in company.
- FAD - link for competition and chance to show 2 outfits on a London catwalk show- networking link for further international competitions (such as ‘Bilbao International Competition’ last year).
- Golden Shears - competition – opportunity for fabric sponsorship for student.
- Sports Direct - competition involving industry briefing, interim visit, feedback, and work placements in view of possible design positions in company.
- Cobro Associates - ( supply new season fabric swatches for students from Italian mills).
- Clissolds, Taylor and Lodge - contacting and visiting mills to source fabrics for student use.