Beginning teaching at NTU in 2012 within Textile Design, Sophie’s specialisms of computer-aided-design and drawing naturally translated to different areas so she is now working across a variety of courses within fashion, textiles and visual arts. She was accredited as a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy in 2015.
Experience with versatile projects such as fashion print for womens, mens, kids, swim, vintage and accessories; residential and contract interior textile design for wallpaper, bedding and soft furnishings; commissioned exhibition artwork and personal drawing commissions. Commercial projects designed for European, USA and Indian markets.
Ted Baker, Topshop, Burberry, Victoria’s Secret, John Lewis, Macy’s, Naeem Khan, Paul Smith, Lipsy, Twenty8Twelve, Dorothy Perkins, Debenhams, Custo Barcelona, Wal-Mart, DKNY, H&M, Urban Outfitters, Express, Faith Connexion, Bill Blass, ASOS, Laurence King Publishing, Bespoke Banter, Merrimaking, Club Monaco, Bill Blass, Bad Bonobo Productions, N16 Vintage, Mr C London, The Potteries Museum and Art Gallery, Airspace Gallery.
- ‘Otherworldly’, Creative Occupations Bureau, Nottingham, 2015
- Artist Residency, Artfix, London, 2015
- ‘The Artist and the City’, The Potteries Museum and Art Gallery, Stoke-on-Trent 2014-15
- ‘Art City’, Airspace Gallery, 2014
- ‘Art Sound’, Stoke-on-Trent, 2012
- ‘New Designers’, The Business Design Centre, London, 2011
- ‘Unravel’, The Bonington Gallery, Nottingham, 2011
Workshops and Lectures
- Nottingham Contemporary ‘Affinity Festival’, Nottingham, 2015
- Workshop and live art performance