Dr Zhang teaches on BA Media, BA Communication and Society and related joint honours programmes and on the MA Media and Globalization programme.
Dr Zhang is a member of the Centre for the Study of Inequality, Culture and Difference
Her areas of research interests include:
- Contemporary new media technology and journalism
- Early modern and contemporary Chinese culture and media
- Contemporary Chinese new media technology, culture and politics
Dr Zhang's current research project is entitled: 'The interpretation and critical analysis of the rise of online culture in contemporary China.'
Dr Zhang supervises students in the areas of culture and media in China and East Asia and in journalism studies. Further information may be obtained from the NTU Graduate School.
Sponsors and collaborators
- 'Media, China and Globalisation', Zhang T, EPSRC academic Fellowship (2005 - 2010), approx. £25,000 per annum.
- Governance and Dissidence in Online Culture in China: the Case of Anti-CNN and Online Gaming. Zhang T, Theory, Culture and Society, 2013
- Three constituencies of On-Line Dissent In China. Zhang T and Tomlinson J, Chinese Journal Of Communications, 2012, 5, (1), 55-60
- From Anti-CNN.com to 'April Youth' Anti-Western Sentiment in Youth Orientated Chinese Online Media. Zhang T in L Hernandez, China and the West: Encounters with the Other in Culture, Arts, Politics and Everyday Life, 2012, 1-16
- Postcard. Zhang T, Space and Culture, 2011, 14 (1), 129-130
For full list click 'Go to Tao Zhang's publications' link above.See all of Tao Zhang's publications...