Dr. Bilal Akbar is a lecturer in Marketing and teaches a wider range of marketing-related modules at undergrad and postgrad levels. Bilal is an active researcher and publishes in the area of social marketing, behaviour change, and consumer behaviour.
Bilal is a member of the following:
- Ethics Committee of International Social Marketing Association
- Social Marketing Standards of International Social Marketing Association
- Increase the Academic Offerings Committee of the International Social Marketing Association
- Increase social media & Internet Presence committee of the International Social Marketing Association
- European Social Marketing Association
- Chartered Institute of Marketing
- Academy of Marketing
- Akbar, M.B., Singh, L., Deshpande, S., Amoncar, N., (2022), COVID-19 Vaccine Perceptions Among South Asian Communities in the UK: An Application of the Theory of Planned Behavior, Health Marketing Quarterly.
- Akbar, M. B., Azara, I., Lawson, A., Tomasella, B. (Under production), Achieving sustainable tourism: social marketing as a strategy to increase tourists’ pro-environmental behaviour, In: Ramkissoon, H. (ed.) Handbook on Tourism and Behaviour Change. Cheltenham: Edward Elgar Publishing
- Akbar, M. B., Lawson, A., Turner, N. (2022). Lauterborn’s 4Cs. In: Fourali C., French J. (eds) The Palgrave Encyclopedia of Social Marketing. Palgrave Macmillan, Cham.
- Akbar, M. B., Garnelo-Gomez, I., Ndupu, L., Barnes, E., Foster, C. (2021). An analysis of social marketing practice: Factors associated with success. Health Marketing Quarterly.
- Akbar, M. B., Foote, L., Lawson, A., French, J., Deshpande, S., & Lee, N. (2021). The social marketing paradox: Challenges and opportunities for the discipline. International Review on Public and Non-profit Marketing.
- Akbar, M. B., Foote, L., Soraghan, C., Millard, R., Spotswood, F. (2021). What Causes Social Marketing Programmes to Fail? A Qualitative Study. Social Marketing Quarterly, Vol. 1, No. 18.
- Akbar, M. B., Ndupu, L., French, J., Lawson, L. (2021). Social Marketing: Advancing New Framework to Guide Programmes. RAUSP Management Journal, Vol. 56, No. 3.
- Akbar, M. B., French, J., & Lawson, A. (2020). Use of social marketing in sexual health: An exploratory review. Social Business, 10(4), 365–381.
- Akbar, M. B., French, J., & Lawson, A. (2019). Critical review on social marketing planning approaches. Social Business, 9(4), 361–393.