Mike Sassi is an Honorary Visiting Professor at Nottingham Trent University’s Nottingham Business School, where he lectures, teaches and shares expertise. He is an experienced journalist, Editor and communicator.
Mike has had a 30-year career in the media, editing three regional daily newspapers and their news websites.
- He was Editor and Publisher of the Nottingham Post and its Nottinghamshire Live website, from 2013 to 2019.
- Between 2005 and 2013, he was Editor-In-Chief and Director of the daily Staffordshire Sentinel and its news website, in Stoke-on-Trent.
- From 1999 to 2005, he was Editor and Director of the daily Lincolnshire Echo and its news website, in Lincoln.
- Prior to that, he was a journalist at the Derby Telegraph, the Exeter Express and Echo and the South Wales Echo in Cardiff.
He has been a member of the Editors’ Code of Practice Committee since 2010. The committee writes (and rewrites) the code that is enforced by press regulator, the Independent Press Standards Organisation.
Mike has a BSc in Marketing from The University of Lancaster.
For the last 15 years, he has been a regular Guest Lecturer at NTU’s Centre for Broadcast Journalism, the University of Derby and the University of Lincoln.
- Member of the Editors’ Code of Practice Committee, which writes and manages the code enforced by press regulator the Independent Press Standards Organisation.
- Director of independent television company Notts TV.
- Guest lecturer at NTU’s Centre for Broadcast Journalism, the University of Derby and the University of Lincoln.