Ofelia is Principal Lecturer in Management. She leads the MSc International Business, which is part of the full-time postgraduate degrees offered by, and taught at Nottingham Business School. In this role Ofelia co-ordinates the activities of recruitment, programme management, and consultancy related to the course. She is also a member of the International Strategy Group of the Business School and, as such, is involved in the process of internationalization and development of partnerships with foreign academic institutions.
Before working at Nottingham Business School, Ofelia was a research assistant and sessional lecturer at the School of Business and Economics of Loughborough University while enrolled as a PhD student there. Ofelia's experience as an academic also interested the Italian and US University systems in the role of, respectively, sessional lecturer and visiting scholar.
Ofelia research interests include:
- new control mechanisms and new forms of resistance
- the construction and interpretation of fear in organisations
- organisational identity
- organisational roles.
Ofelia's collaboration with colleagues from the UK and from Italy expands her research interests also to:
- the construction of gender discourse within SMEs
- government-led entrepreneurial initiatives within the Public Sector
- organisational culture and values in small family firms' intergenerational succession.
In terms of research methodology, Ofelia particularly focuses on interpretive approaches. Ofelia is a member of EGOS, EURAM and BAM.
Ofelia collaborates with the Organisation Theory and Organizational Behaviour researchers of ISCTE-IUL (PT), of the University of Brescia (IT), and of other NBS partner institutions across Europe. Ofelia is a member of EGOS, EURAM and BAM.
Sponsors and collaborators
- ISCTE-IUL, PT
- Loughborough University
- UNiversity of Brescia, IT
- University Federico II of Naples, IT
- University of Sannio, IT
- University of Calabria
- Higher Education and Scientific Research Department, Calabria Regional Government