Ofelia is Principal Lecturer in Management and Assistant Head of International at Nottingham Business School. She leads the MSc International Business suite of programmes and participates in the implementation of the University international strategy by working with overseas Academic and Industry partner institutions.
Ofelia is an academic with a demonstrated 20-year professional activity in the Higher Education industry, in the UK, US, and Europe. She is a lead on internationalisation projects, international partnerships, management of international relations, and design of dual degree Master level programmes. She holds a PhD in Organisational Behaviour (UK) and a Research Doctorate in Management of Public Sector Organisations (Italy). Skilled in Research, Academic Curriculum Design, Academic Standards and Quality in the UK, US and Europe, Cross-cultural Communication, and Cross-cultural Management. Ofelia is active in international research collaboration on themes tied to leadership, organisational controls, and emotions in the workplace.
Ofelia research interests include:
- new control mechanisms and new forms of resistance
- the construction and interpretation of fear in organisations
- organisational identity
- organisational roles.
Ofelia's collaboration with colleagues from the UK and from Italy expands her research interests also to:
- the construction of gender discourse within SMEs
- government-led entrepreneurial initiatives within the Public Sector
- organisational culture and values in small family firms' intergenerational succession.
In terms of research methodology, Ofelia particularly focuses on interpretive approaches. Ofelia is a member of EGOS, EURAM and BAM.
Ofelia collaborates with the Organisation Theory and Organizational Behaviour researchers of ISCTE-IUL (PT), of the University of Brescia (IT), and of other NBS partner institutions across Europe. Ofelia is a member of EGOS, EURAM and BAM.
Sponsors and collaborators
- ISCTE-IUL, PT
- Loughborough University
- UNiversity of Brescia, IT
- University Federico II of Naples, IT
- University of Sannio, IT
- University of Calabria
- Higher Education and Scientific Research Department, Calabria Regional Government