Ahmad Serjouei is a Senior Lecturer in Mechanical Engineering at Department of Engineering in School of Science & Technology.
Taught modules by Ahmad are:
- Engineering Mathematics & Technical Computing (2019-23, Module Leader)
- Materials & Manufacturing (2020-23, Partially involved)
- Foundation Engineering (2023, Partially involved)
- Engineering Science Fundamentals (2019-20, Module Leader)
- Innovation and Engineering Solutions (2019-20, Partially involved)
- Industrial Design & Product Case Studies (2019-20, Partially involved)
Ahmad is the Personal Tutoring Lead for department of engineering.
Dr Serjouei completed his BSc (Mech. Eng.) at Isfahan University of Technology (IUT), Iran in 2007. He obtained his MEng and PhD from Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore in 2009 and 2014.
Ahmad joined NTU in February 2019. Prior to joining NTU, he worked as:
- Senior Research Fellow in Additive Manufacturing at Institute for Innovation in Sustainable Engineering (IISE), University of Derby from 2017 to 2019.
- Research Fellow at Advanced Manufacturing and Design (AMD) Laboratory, Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD), Singapore from 2016 to 2017.
- Research Fellow at Nanyang Technological University (NTU), School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Singapore from 2014 to 2016.
Ahmad holds Fellow of Higher Education Academy (FHEA) and Postgraduate Certificate in Academic Practice (PGCAP) certificates for teaching.
Ahmad's research interests include:
- Mechanical behavior of materials.
- Metal additive manufacturing.
- Fatigue, fracture and corrosion of AM materials.
- 3D and 4D printing.
- Smart materials and structures.
- Novel applications of active meta-materials.
- Non-linear finite element analysis.
- Soft actuation for medical applications.
- Biological damage from radiotherapy on healthy/cancerous cells.
Ongoing collaborative PhD topics:
- Evaluation of cell specific biological damage due to ionising radiation
- Cell stretching Petri Dish
Information related to applying for PhD positions may be obtained on the NTU Research Degrees website. Candidates willing to pursue PhD and MPhil degrees in the areas related to my research may directly contact me.