Ahmad Serjouei is a Senior Lecturer in Mechanical Engineering at Department of Engineering in School of Science & Technology.
Ahmad is currently teaching following NTU modules:
- Engineering Mathematics & Technical Computing
- Engineering Science Fundamentals
- Materials & Manufacturing (Partially involved)
Dr Serjouei completed his BSc (Mech. Eng.) at Isfahan University of Technology (IUT), Iran in 2007. He obtained his MEng and PhD from Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore from 2007 to 2014.
Ahmad joined NTU in February 2019. Prior to joining NTU, he worked as:
- Senior Research Fellow in Additive Manufacturing at Institute for Innovation in Sustainable Engineering (IISE), University of Derby from Nov. 2017 to Jan. 2019.
- Research Fellow at Advanced Manufacturing and Design (AMD) Laboratory, Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD), Singapore from Aug. 2016 to Oct. 2017.
- Research Fellow at Nanyang Technological University (NTU), School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Singapore from Apr. 2014 to Jul. 2016.
Ahmad's current research interests include:
- Mechanics of materials.
- 3D and 4D printing.
- Smart materials and structures.
- Metal additive manufacturing.
- Novel applications of meta-materials.
- Soft actuation for medical applications.
Postgraduate openings for MPhil / PhD in the areas identified above are available. Further information may be obtained on the NTU Research Degrees website.
- B. Zhang, K. Kowsari, A. Serjouei, M. L. Dunn, Q. Ge, Reprocessable thermosets for sustainable three-dimension printing, Nature Communications, 2018, 9(1): 1831.
- S. Akbari, A. H. Sakhaei,A. Sakhae i, K. Kowsari, B. Yang, A. Serjouei, Y. Zhang, Q. Ge, Enhanced multimaterial 4D printing with active hinges, Smart Materials and Structures, 2018, 27 (6): 065027.
- W. Dong, L. Li, A. Serjouei, L. Dong, O. Weeger, G. Y. Gu, Q. Ge, Controllable helical deformation in 3D printed multilayer composites, Applied Physics Letter, 2018, 112(18).
- B. Zhang, L. Shiya, H. Hingorani, A. Serjouei, W. H. Goh, L. Larush, A. A. Pawar, A. H. Sakhaei, M. Hashimoto, K. Kowsari, S. Magdassi, Q. Ge, Highly stretchable hydrogels for UV curing based multimaterial 3D printing, Materials Chemistry B., 2018, 6, 3246-3253.
- X. F. Zhang, A. Serjouei, I. Sridhar, Criterion for interface defeat to penetration transition of long rod projectile impact on ceramic armor, Thin-Walled Structures, 2018, 126, 266-284.
- Q. Ge, A. Serjouei, H. J. Qi, M. L. Dunn, Thermomechanics of printed anisotropic shape memory elastomeric composites, Solids and Structures, 2016, 102-103: 186-199.
- A. Serjouei, R. Chi, I. Sridhar, Experimental validation of BLV model on ceramic-metal bi-layer armor, Impact Engineering, 2015, 77, 30-41.