Ahmad Serjouei is a Senior Lecturer in Mechanical Engineering at Department of Engineering in School of Science & Technology.
Taught modules by Ahmad are:
- Engineering Mathematics & Technical Computing
- Engineering Science Fundamentals
- Materials & Manufacturing (Partially involved)
Dr Serjouei completed his BSc (Mech. Eng.) at Isfahan University of Technology (IUT), Iran in 2007. He obtained his MEng and PhD from Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore in 2009 and 2014.
Ahmad joined NTU in February 2019. Prior to joining NTU, he worked as:
- Senior Research Fellow in Additive Manufacturing at Institute for Innovation in Sustainable Engineering (IISE), University of Derby from Nov. 2017 to Jan. 2019.
- Research Fellow at Advanced Manufacturing and Design (AMD) Laboratory, Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD), Singapore from Aug. 2016 to Oct. 2017.
- Research Fellow at Nanyang Technological University (NTU), School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Singapore from Apr. 2014 to Jul. 2016.
Ahmad's current research interests include:
- Mechanics of materials.
- 3D and 4D printing.
- Metal additive manufacturing.
- Smart materials and structures.
- Novel applications of active meta-materials.
- Soft actuation for medical applications.
- Non-linear finite element analysis.
Postgraduate openings for MPhil / PhD in the areas identified above are available. Further information may be obtained on the NTU Research Degrees website.
- Associate Fellow of Higher Education Academy
- Member of the Institute of Mechanical Engineers (MIMechE), London, UK and Chartered Engineer (CEng) recognized by IMechE
- Topic Editor of the Journal of Crystals (ISSN 2073-4352; IF: 2.404). Special Issue "Metal Additive Manufacturing: Grain Growth, Microstructure Evolution and Properties" now is open for submission (deadline: 20 April 2021).
Sponsors and collaborators
- University of Leeds.
- University of Sydney, Australia.
- Institute of Fundamental Technological Research, Polish Academy of Sciences (IPPT PAN).