Ahmad Serjouei is a Senior Lecturer in Mechanical Engineering at Department of Engineering in School of Science & Technology.
Taught modules by Ahmad are:
- Engineering Mathematics & Technical Computing
- Engineering Science Fundamentals
- Materials & Manufacturing (Partially involved)
Dr Serjouei completed his BSc (Mech. Eng.) at Isfahan University of Technology (IUT), Iran in 2007. He obtained his MEng and PhD from Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore in 2009 and 2014.
Ahmad joined NTU in February 2019. Prior to joining NTU, he worked as:
- Senior Research Fellow in Additive Manufacturing at Institute for Innovation in Sustainable Engineering (IISE), University of Derby from 2017 to 2019.
- Research Fellow at Advanced Manufacturing and Design (AMD) Laboratory, Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD), Singapore from 2016 to 2017.
- Research Fellow at Nanyang Technological University (NTU), School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Singapore from 2014 to 2016.
Ahmad's current research interests include:
- Mechanics of materials.
- 3D and 4D printing.
- Metal additive manufacturing.
- Smart materials and structures.
- Novel applications of active meta-materials.
- Soft actuation for medical applications.
- Non-linear finite element analysis.
- Associate Fellow of Higher Education Academy
- Member of the Institute of Mechanical Engineers (MIMechE), London, UK and Chartered Engineer (CEng) recognized by IMechE
- Topic Editor of the Journal of Crystals (ISSN 2073-4352; IF: 2.404). Special Issue "Metal Additive Manufacturing: Grain Growth, Microstructure Evolution and Properties" now is open for submission (deadline: 20 April 2021).
- Guest Editor of the Special Issue of Crystals Journal (ISSN 2073-4352, IF: 2.404): Mechanics of 4D Materials (it is open for submission; deadline: 20 Jul 2021)
Sponsors and collaborators
- University of Leeds.
- The Manufacturing Technology Centre (MTC).
- Institute of Fundamental Technological Research, Polish Academy of Sciences (IPPT PAN).