Dr. Ali is Associate Professor in Cybersecurity and Head of the Cyber Security Research Group (CSRG)
Ali Safaa Sadiq Al Shakarchi (Ali) is an Associate Professor in Cybersecurity in the department of Computer Science at Nottingham Trent University and director of the Cyber Security Research Group. Ali is also a senior IEEE member and adjunct staff at Monash University and an honorary Associate Professor at the Centre for Artificial Intelligence Research and Optimisation, Torrens University Australia.
Ali has served as a senior lecturer in Intelligent Networks at the University of Wolverhampton, and a lecturer at the School of Information Technology, Monash University, Malaysia. Previously he has also served as a senior lecturer at the Department of Computer Systems & Networking Department, Faculty of Computer Systems & Software Engineering, University Malaysia Pahang, Malaysia.
Ali has completed his first degree in Computer Science in 2004, after that Ali had 5 years of industrial experience in Computer Science and Networking. Ali had his MSc and Ph.D. degrees in Computer Science in 2011 and 2014, respectively. Ali has been awarded the Pro-Chancellor Academic Award as the best student in his batch for both master and Ph.D.
He has published several scientific/research papers in well-known international journals and conferences. He was involved in performing 5 research grant projects, whereby 3 of them being around network and security and the others in analysing and forecasting floods in Malaysia. Recently he has been involved as a co-investigator with a research project CYBERMIND that was funded £91k by Innovate UK Cyber Academic Start-up Accelerator 2020.
Also, he has led (PI) a funded research project called TrustMe, which is funded in two phases by Innovate UK and DCMS. The project creates an innovative new platform to help AI developers and Data scientists to add security, trust, and explainability to their AI-based decisions. The first phase has been funded with £31,338k, while the second phase was funded with over £60k to develop the proof of concept. Ali could manage to develop a commercialised platform called TYMLO and launched a company named TYMLO Technology Ltd.
He has supervised more than 5 Ph.D. students and 6 Masters students as well as some other undergraduate final year projects. His current research interests include Cybersecurity, Wireless Communications, and AI applications in the Internet of Things and the Internet of Vehicles.
Prior to join NTU, Dr. Ali was a senior lecturer in Intelligent Networks at University of Wolverhampton, Wolverhampton, UK. Also, Ali has served as lecturer and senior lecturer at Monash University and University Malaysia Pahang. Dr. Ali also has served as visiting researcher at MIMOS CoE in Telecommunication Technology, Faculty of Electrical Engineering, University Technology Malaysia UTM.
Dr. Ali, also serving now as Adjunct Associate Professor at the Centre for Artificial Intelligence Research and Optimisation, Torrens University Australia, as well as Monash University.
Dr. Ali current research interest, but not limited to the following:
- Intelligent Cybersecure Systems,
- Trustworthy and Secure AI Systems,
- Intelligent handover decision making in heterogeneous wireless networks,
- Vehicular & Mobile Ad Hoc Networks,
- Network Coding Applications, Artificial Intelligent Applications,
- Routing Protocols,
- Internet of Things and Vehicles (IoT&IoV),
- MAC Layer Design,
- Mobility Handover in Mobile IPV6 & Fast MIPv6,
- IDS design & security,
- Video Communications and Cognitive Vehicular Networks,
- Big-Data Analytics.
- CEO and Founder of TYMLO Technology LTD
- Professional postgraduate qualification and Fellowship (FHEA) of the Advance Higher Education UK, Fellowship reference PR238884
- A member of Quality Assurance Agency (QAA)
- A member of Signal Processing, Network and Security Research cluster, SIT, Monash University, Malaysia.
- A research member of MIMOS CoE in Telecommunication Technology, Faculty of Electrical Engineering, UTM.
- A senior member in IEEE
- A member IEEE Vehicular Technology Society
- A member IEEE Communications Society Membership
- A member IEEE Internet of Things Community
- A member IEEE Big Data Community
- A member IEEE Computer Society Technical Committee on Security and Privacy
- A member IEEE Computer Society Technical Community on Cyber Security
- A member IEEE Vehicular Technology Society Technical Community on Connected Vehicles
- Area Editor of KSII Transactions on Internet and Information Systems Journal
- Editor in PLoS ONE Journal.
- Editor in Sensors Journal.
Ali Safaa Sadiq, Amin Abdollahi Dehkordi, Seyedali Mirjalili, Quoc-Viet Pham, Nonlinear marine predator algorithm: A cost-effective optimizer for fair power allocation in NOMA-VLC-B5G networks ,Expert Systems with Applications, 203, 117395, 2022.
Angayarkanni SA, Ramana Rao YV, Ali Safaa Sadiq, Traffic flow forecasting using natural selection based hybrid Bald Eagle Search—Grey Wolf optimization algorithm,PLoS one, 17, 9, e0275104, 2022
Ahmad Zairi Zaidi, Chun Yong Chong, Rajendran Parthiban, Ali Safaa Sadiq, A framework of dynamic selection method for user classification in touch-based continuous mobile device authentication, Journal of Information Security and Applications, 67, 103217, 2022
Ahmad Zairi Zaidi, Chun Yong Chong, Zhe Jin, Rajendran Parthiban, Ali Safaa Sadiq, Touch-based continuous mobile device authentication: State-of-the-art, challenges and opportunities ,Journal of Network and Computer Applications, 191, 103162, 2022
Ali Safaa Sadiq, Amin Abdollahi Dehkordi, Seyedali Mirjalili, Jingwei Too, Prashant Pillai, Trustworthy and Efficient Routing Algorithm for IoT-FinTech Applications Using Non-Linear Lévy Brownian Generalized Normal Distribution Optimization,IEEE Internet of Things Journal, 2022