Dr Peytchev is the Module Leader for Systems Software and Wireless and Mobile Communications. He also teaches on the modules Software Design and Implementation; Mobile Networking; Enterprise Computing; and Computer Architecture.
Dr Peytchev is a member of the Intelligent Simulation, Modelling and Networking Research Group (ISMN).
- Ismail Kucukdurgut
- Yueyue Li
- Emad Gammati
Areas of research interest include the traffic simulation and modelling; mobile ad-hoc networks; ad-hoc network architecture; and mobile networking.
- Traffic simulation and modelling: The application of mathematical models for traffic simulation and modelling. Uncertainties for producing accurate real-time predictions of the traffic flow.
- Mobile ad-hoc networks: MANET mobile ad-hoc networks applied to the urban and motorway traffic. Design and implantation of urban traffic information systems based on ad-hoc wireless networking.
- Ad-hoc network architecture: Introducing new ad-hoc network architectures for intelligent mobile nodes and investigating their characteristics. Identifying the range of traffic information that can be collaboratively extracted and generated by the pier-to-pier communication.
- Mobile networking: Assessing the feasibility of using new Mobile TCP / IP (MTCP / IP) stack for delivering web-services in mobile ad-hoc network based environment. Designing new feature based location dependent services on the move.
Opportunities to carry out postgraduate research towards an MPhil/PhD exist in all the areas identified above. Further information may be obtained from the NTU Graduate School.
- Track Co-Chair of European Simulation Society (ESS)
- Program Committee Member of Web and Wireless Geographical Information Systems (W²GIS)
- Program Committee Member of European Simulation Society
- Program Committee Member of NGMAST (2007)
- Program Committee Member of Advances in Spatial and Image-based Information Systems (ASIIS) (2006)
- Invited Lecturer for Third International Conference "Computer Science" (Istanbul, Turkey, 2006)
- Invited Lecturer for CompSysTech International conference (Tarnovo, Bulgaria, 2005)
- Invited Lecturer for IEEE 5th International Conference on ITS Telecommunications (Brest, France, 2005)
Dr Peytchev is available for consultancy and / or taking small highly challenging projects to a successful end as deployment or proof of concept outcomes. Prospective areas include:
- mesh networks
- ad-hoc wireless networks
- traffic information systems
- mobile phone programming
- J2ME programming
- C++ programming
- enterprise computing
- mobile networking
- wireless networking
- multi-hop wireless environment
- sensor networks
- ubiquitous computing
- BlueTooth and Wifi wireless devices.
Sponsors and collaborators
Current and recent research is being conducted with the collaboration, funding and / or support of:
University collaborations include:
- Konan (Japan)
- Naval Academy (France)
- Barcelona Polytechnic (Spain)
- Helsinki University of Technology (Finland)
- Technical University of Sofia (Bulgaria).
Research funding in the period since 2001 includes:
- EMDA SIS, E Peytchev, BusCam (2006 to 2007), £10,000
- EMDA SIS, E Peytchev, BusInternet (2006 to 2007), £10,000
- EMDA SIS, E Peytchev, Hospital Route Finding (2006 to 2007), £20,000
- Traffimatics, E Peytchev, DTI Technology Programme (2003 to 2005), £140,000
- Pathfinder, E Peytchev, Nottingham City Council (2002 to 2003), £40,000
- Integration of heterogeneous traffic and travel information through a combined internet and mobile communications, A Bargiela, E Peytchev and J Hartley, EPSRC GR / 32468/01 (2001 to 2002), £63,429
- TMDA: A broadcast-based message. Li Y, Papanastasiou S, Akhlaghinia J and Peytchev E, International Journal on Advances in Telecommunications, 2013, 6 (1&2)
- A vehicle-to-vehicle communication protocol for collaborative identification of urban traffic conditions. Risan Ø, Peytchev E, Lecture Notes of the Institute for Computer Sciences, Social Informatics and Telecommunications Engineering, 2010, 49, 9, 482-494
- Mathematical justification of a heuristic for statistical correlation of real-life time series. Agafonov E, Burke E, Bargiela A, Peytchev E, European Journal Of Operational Research, 2009, 198 (1), 275-286
- Internet-based information flow in mobile systems and their application in traffic monitoring ad hoc networks. Peytchev E, Spasov G, Spasova V, IEEE 52 International Symposium ELMAR-2010, 15-17 September 2010, Zadar Croatia, 265-268, ISBN 978-953-7044-11-4
- New traffic message delivery algorithm for a novel VANET architecture. Li Y, Peytchev E, ICWMC 2012 The Eighth International Conference on Wireless and Mobile Communications, 25-28 June 2012, Venice, Italy, 395-401, ISBN: 978-1-61208-203-5