Contact the student financial support service
Have questions about tuition fees or need support with your finances? Find out how to get in touch with us and what support we offer.
Student financial support service
Need a help figuring out your finances during your studies? Our student financial support service is here to help.
We offer support and guidance on:
- money management and budgeting
- eligibility for and entitlement to government and non-government student funding for:
- further education courses
- undergraduate courses
- postgraduate courses
- scholarships and bursaries
- hardship funds and emergency funding
- financial support for those with children or a dependant adult living with them
- financial support for those with long-term ill health, disability or specific learning differences
- the financial implications of transferring courses, changing institutions, repeating or withdrawing
- advice on funding eligibility for those that have previous studied within higher education
- financial advice for those looking to study abroad or undertake a work placement
- funding for EU students or EEA migrant workers
- social security welfare benefits and tax credits
- US and Canadian loans.
Money advice appointments
You can book a money advice appointment if you:
- have a complex funding issue
- are struggling with with managing your money.
We have a team of friendly Student Funding Advisers. They can give you impartial, practical and supportive advice on a one-to-one basis.
As well as being experts in all things student finance, we can also provide guidance on:
- maximising your income
- welfare benefits
We currently offer appointments via Microsoft Teams or telephone. Appointments are confidential. You don't have to appear on camera if you'd prefer not to.
Book your one-to-one money advice or budgeting appointment via our online booking system.
If you'd like to give feedback on any aspect of our service, you can:
- speak to your adviser
- contact the team leader by email or by calling 0115 8482494.
If you're still not satisfied, you can find out how to make a complaint.
The student financial support service is open:
- Monday to Thursday, 8.30 am to 5 pm
- Friday, 8.30 am to 4.30 pm.