Gambling and behavioural addiction awareness and support
Dr. Mark Griffiths is a Chartered Psychologist and Distinguished Professor of Behavioural Addiction at the Nottingham Trent University, and Director of the International Gaming Research Unit. He has spent over 35 in the field and is internationally known for his work into gambling, gaming, and behavioral addictions.
He has published over 1380 peer-reviewed research papers, six books, over 190 book chapters, and over 1500 other articles. He has won 54 national and international awards for his work including the John Rosecrance Prize (1994), CELEJ Prize (1998), Joseph Lister Prize (2004) and the US National Council on Problem Gambling Lifetime Research Award (2013). He also does a lot of freelance journalism and has appeared on over 3500 radio and television programs, and written over 400 articles for national and international newspapers and magazines.
- Literature reviews and secondary analysis for the gambling industry
- Gambling operator audits relating to player protection, harm-minimization and responsible gambling
- Game evaluation and risk assessments for the gambling operators
- Expert witness and advisory work (legal cases)
- Expert and advisory work (non-legal) (gambling and other behavioural addictions)
- Expert peer review (behavioural addictions)
- Media and public relations (including junkets) concerning behavioural addictions
- Workshops for the gambling industry on player protection, harm-minimization and responsible gambling
- Public speaking (behavioural addictions)
How to access this consultancy support
For more information on the support available, how it could work for you, and to discuss your ideas, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Further consultancy and support
Town and country planning
Our Property Development and Management department often attracts professionals from the private and public sectors to design and deliver our degree courses, taking advantage of their industry knowledge. Your organisation can benefit from their real-world experience and independent approach.
Construction industry consultancy
We provide expert consultancy to all areas of the construction industry. Academic and technical teams from the School of Architecture, Design and the Built Environment work with global companies and local SMEs, providing independent reports, data analysis and industry insights.
Arts, heritage and museums consultancy
At NTU we provide expert consultancy to organisation working in the arts, heritage, and museums sectors. Our academic team have overseen hyndreds of arts and heritage projects and can help you overcome barriers in the industry.