Medical modelling services and consultancy
Our award-winning Flexural Composites Research Laboratory (FCRL) team are global leaders in the development and manufacture of hyper-realistic soft bio-models.
Novel post-processing techniques, mechanical elements and access to a biomechanical database of soft tissue properties allow the FCRL to produce multi-layered, anthropomorphic synthetic models of human anatomy that look and feel real.
They have an unrivalled track record of developing and producing artefacts for a wide range of applications. Whether it’s emergency trauma education for surgeons or teaching clinical skills to students, their unique models can test implantable devices and support surgical planning and rehearsal.
Previously developed products ranged from artificial skin and blood vessels to perfused whole organs and biosystems. The innovative manufacturing methods and materials pioneered by the FCRL allow them to provide clients with a variety of production options too, from bespoke one-off models to small-scale manufacturing runs.
They offer clients a one-stop shop for turning medical imaging data into three-dimensional artefacts that can mimic the mechanical properties of almost any living soft tissues. They can help facilitate your needs with:
- CT and MRI data processing
- segmentation of anatomy from data
- digital modelling and rendering
- mechanical characterisation of biomodelling materials
- tensile testing, hardness testing and multi-axial testing
- additive manufacturing of multi-part medical models
- moulding, tooling and vacuum casting
- moulding soft tissue surrogates on rigid hard-tissue parts
- multi-layered, multi-functional bio-models
- model production and assembly
- post-processing suite for bio-model production
- model validation and user-trials with clinical experts and user-groups.
For further information about the team and their expertise contact Richard Arm, Senior Research Fellow at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 115 84 86577.