Clearing is open from Monday 5 July to Tuesday 19 October 2021. From this date you can apply for university courses after you have received your results. Sign up for Clearing updates.
Clearing or Adjustment?
Apply through Clearing if:
- you’ve not met the conditions of your firm and insurance choices
- you’ve changed your mind about where or what you want to study
- you've not yet applied to a university and are looking to start in 2021.
Apply through Adjustment if:
- you’ve met or exceeded the conditions of your offer and you want to look at other options. Your firm offer is secure until you accept a new offer
- adjustment typically opens from August to September – UCAS will confirm this date shortly.
Follow these steps to make sure you are ready:
- if you don’t already have a UCAS account register online
- check out our step-by-step handy guide to familiarise yourself with the process
- join our mailing list to find out about Clearing at NTU and register for updates
- research universities and their courses to shortlist – take virtual tours, speak to staff or visit in person
- speak to your parents/carers or teachers to discuss your options
- international students can visit our international pages for more information
- and remember, during this time you can only apply when you have your results.
Apply for your place now
We are accepting applications up to Wednesday 30 June 2021 through UCAS. If you have already made five choices, you can apply through UCAS Extra*. Any applications received after this date will automatically go through Clearing.
Visit our application page.
*UCAS Extra allows you to keep applying for higher education courses even if you've already used up your original five choices, as long as you applied through UCAS and are not holding any offers or waiting for a decision on any of your initial five applications.
Nour shares her experience
Why choose NTU?
Be prepared and explore your options. Here’s why NTU is a great choice for your future.
- We're rated 'Gold' for outstanding teaching and learning (TEF)
- We provide over 200 industry-accredited degrees
- We offer work-like experience on every single course
- We keep our students happy; 92% would recommend NTU (NSS 2020)
- We have a community for everyone, with over 120 societies
- We're in one of the world's top 50 student cities (QS Best Student Cities Index 2019)
You might also be interested in...
Take a virtual tour
Can’t wait to see what it’s like to study with us? Try our Virtual Tour and immerse yourself in our campuses and life as a student at NTU.
Book a student-led tour of our City, Clifton or Brackenhurst Campus to safely see some of the buildings you’ll use at NTU. Bookings are limited to a maximum of five visitors per tour.
We make accommodation easy. Our halls of residence are secure, inclusive of all bills, and within easy reach of campuses and amenities, giving you more time to focus on your studies, settling in, and making friends.
UCAS Tariff calculator
This handy UCAS Tariff calculator can help you find out what grades you need to achieve to get into your course.
Your interview at NTU
Everything you need to know if you’re invited to an interview after you’ve applied to NTU – how to prepare, what to expect on the day, and what happens next.
Your creative portfolio
Applying for an Art & Design degree course? Get some top tips for your digital portfolio.
We're working to ensure a safe and high-quality learning environment for our new starters. If you're planning on joining us in September 2021 some temporary changes to teaching may be required, depending on the latest government guidelines at the time. Make sure you view the latest information to stay up to date.