Clearing 2021 is now open. Call our Clearing hotline +44 (0)115 848 6000
Looking to start university this September?
- Sign up for email alerts to receive the latest information on Clearing at NTU
- Find out which courses are open now for applications through our 'Find your course' search
- Already got your results? You can apply direct to us using our online application form or call our Clearing hotline on +44 (0)115 848 6000
- To complete your Clearing application you must have received all your results. If your qualifications are pending, then please sign up for email alerts or contact us once you have gained your results. Read on to find out more about Clearing at NTU.
Find your course
Clearing or Adjustment?
Apply through Clearing if:
- you’ve not met the conditions of your firm and insurance choices
- you’ve changed your mind about where or what you want to study
- you've not yet applied to a university and are looking to start in 2021.
Apply through Adjustment if:
- you’ve met or exceeded the conditions of your offer and you want to look at other options. Your firm offer is secure until you accept a new offer
- adjustment typically opens from August to September – UCAS will confirm this date shortly.
Follow these steps to make sure you are ready:
- if you don’t already have a UCAS account register online
- check out our handy step-by-step guide to Clearing to familiarise yourself with the process
- join our mailing list to find out about Clearing at NTU and register for updates
- research universities and their courses to shortlist – take virtual tours, speak to staff or visit in person
- speak to your parents/carers or teachers to discuss your options
- international students can visit our international pages for more information
- and remember, during this time you can only apply when you have your results.
Download our Essential Guide to Clearing 2021
Call our Clearing hotline +44 (0)115 848 6000. Opening hours are Monday to Thursday 9.30 am – 4.30 pm and Friday 9.30 am – 4 pm.
We're running a series of live events throughout July and August to offer advice and guidance.
Live Q&A for prospective students
Join us for this Q&A hosted by Conor Naughton, President of NTSU. Conor will be joined by three NTU students who'll talk about their Clearing journeys, student life and answer your questions.
|Tuesday 27 July 2021 at 4 pm||Join|
Live Q&A for parents and carers
Parents and carers of prospective students can join us for this live Q&A hosted by Amy Smith, NTU's Associate Director of Admissions and Student Recruitment.
|Tuesday 3 August 2021 at 12 pm||Join|
Q&A for prospective students
|This Q&A for prospective students hosted by Amy Smith, NTU's Associate Director of Admissions and Student Recruitment covers everything you need to know about Clearing and Adjustment.||Available now|
Your future, your choice
Plans can change, but the final choice is all yours - explore your future options through Clearing at NTU.
We're rated 'Gold' for outstanding teaching and learning (TEF)
We provide over 200 industry-accredited degrees
We offer work-like experience on every single course
We keep our students happy; 92% would recommend NTU (NSS 2020)
We have a community for everyone, with over 120 socities
We're in one of the world's top 50 student cities (QS Best Student Cities Index 2019)
Clearing campus tours
Book your place on a student-led tour of our campuses to safely see the buildings and spaces you’ll be using and get a feel for life as a student at NTU.
BA (Hons) Fashion Management
"I spoke to my careers adviser on results day and she mentioned that NTU had a fantastic reputation for Fashion, and the Fashion Management course also had really impressive facilities.”
BSc (Hons) Chemistry
“I was ecstatic when I was offered my place on BSc (Hons) Chemistry as I was so down after being rejected for my first choice. It was such a boost and really got me excited to go to university.”
BArch (Hons) Architecture
“I did some research online to see my options and found that Nottingham Trent University had a really great Architecture course that I could apply to through clearing.”
You might also be interested in...
Take a virtual tour
Can’t wait to see what it’s like to study with us? Try our Virtual Tour and immerse yourself in our campuses and life as a student at NTU.
Safely visit our campuses in person and to get to know the University and your subject in more detail.
We make accommodation easy. Our halls of residence are secure, inclusive of all bills, and within easy reach of campuses and amenities, giving you more time to focus on your studies, settling in, and making friends.
UCAS Tariff calculator
This handy UCAS Tariff calculator can help you find out what grades you need to achieve to get into your course.
Your interview at NTU
Everything you need to know if you’re invited to an interview after you’ve applied to NTU – how to prepare, what to expect on the day, and what happens next.
Your creative portfolio
Applying for an Art & Design degree course? Get some top tips for your digital portfolio.
We're working to ensure a safe and high-quality learning environment for our new starters. If you're planning on joining us in September 2021 some temporary changes to teaching may be required, depending on the latest government guidelines at the time. Make sure you view the latest information to stay up to date.