How to book accommodation
NTU and UPP accommodation
Book online now for accommodation from September 2023.
You’ll need your NTU ID number and must also have:
- confirmed NTU as your first choice on UCAS Hub,
- confirmed NTU as your Clearing choice on UCAS Hub,
- accepted your offer on our applicant portal if you applied direct,
- or be a returning NTU student.
We do not require a deposit to reserve accommodation for September 2023.
- You need to create an NTU password if you are a new student.
- Clearing students: If you applied to NTU through Clearing you should use the unique link provided in your Clearing offer email to access the accommodation booking system.
- Log in to our online booking system and follow the instructions.
- Select ‘Accommodation booking’ and follow the steps on screen.
- Choose from the available halls, and select your room type.
- After confirming your selection, you'll be asked to sign a contract and set up a payment plan.
- If your course offer is still being processed by Admissions, you'll be asked to complete these steps once your course place is confirmed. Please allow 48 hours after you have accepted your offer on the UCAS Hub / NTU applicant portal to create your password.
- You'll receive an email to confirm your booking.
Offer holder advice – webinars
Our series of webinars are designed to give our offer holders exclusive advice and guidance on accommodation. Rewatch or join us live below.
Booking private accommodation
If you are interested in private accommodation, you must book directly with that private provider. Your contract will be with the company or individual that manages that building. We recommend several private providers for purpose-built student accommodation in Nottingham, and there are lots more options. We also partner with Unipol who provide student accommodation across Nottingham.
Read our guide to private accommodation
Medical and accessible rooms
If you have a serious health issue or disability that makes it difficult for you to live in halls, please see our accessibility guide.
Students with mobility, hearing, or visual impairments, or multiple conditions should contact us before booking a room. We might be able to make adaptations and/or adjustments to help you find a room that suits your specific need.