How to book accommodation
The process of booking depends on what type of accommodation and provider you need. We’ve put together some useful information how to book NTU, UPP-managed or private accommodation.
NTU and UPP accommodation
You can book NTU and UPP-managed accommodation through our online booking system.
Booking is now open for all campuses.
To book a room you’ll need your NTU ID number and must also have:
- confirmed NTU as your first choice on UCAS Hub,
- accepted your offer on our applicant portal if you applied direct,
- or be a returning NTU student.
Please allow 48 hours after you have accepted your offer (on UCAS Hub/NTU applicant portal) to create your password
We do not require a deposit to reserve accommodation for September 2023.
- New students will need to create a password first
- Log in to the online booking system using your NTU ID and password
- Select ‘Accommodation booking’ and follow the steps on screen
- Choose from the available halls, and select your room type
- If you have an unconditional offer, you will be able to sign the contract and set up a payment plan to complete your booking.
- If you have a conditional offer, you will need to complete your booking after you have received your results and your place is confirmed (August 2023)
- You will receive an email to confirm your booking.
Offer holder advice – webinars
Our series of webinars are designed to give our offer holders exclusive advice and guidance on accommodation. Rewatch or join us live below.
Booking private accommodation
If you are interested in private accommodation, you must book directly with that private provider. Your contract will be with the company or individual that manages that building. We recommend several private providers for purpose-built student accommodation in Nottingham, and there are lots more options. We also partner with Unipol who provide student accommodation across Nottingham.
Read our guide to private accommodation
Medical and accessible rooms
If you have a serious health issue or disability that makes it difficult for you to live in halls, please see our accessibility guide.
Students with mobility, hearing, or visual impairments, or multiple conditions should contact us before booking a room. We might be able to make adaptations and/or adjustments to help you find a room that suits your specific need.
For help or advice with booking your accommodation, please call the Accommodation team on +44 (0)115 848 2894 or email email@example.com
If you are a current student living in halls visit our accommodation pages in StudentHub.