We are a design team with a difference. We are a group of researchers, educators and professional design practitioners who are focused on generating the best possible solutions for industry. Our work not only meets the needs of our clients. It also provides valuable industry insights that help us to develop the next generation of work-ready designers. This virtuous circle of sharing knowledge, experiences and innovations is our unique selling point. We benefit you and our students.
The team has considerable expertise and an enviable track record of success in developing products for both large and small sized enterprises across a range of sectors, both nationally and internationally. We work across the whole of the product design process, from helping our clients frame their ideas, creating innovative concepts and developing them through to commercially successful products.
From the design and development of consumer products, med tech, wearable technologies, design for sustainability AR and AI to VR, prototyping, visualisation and more, our unique expertise can support your business. Contact us today.
Our capabilities include:
- Industry standard 3D modelling - We work with Industry Standard 3D and 2D software including SOLIDWORKS and Adobe Creative Cloud to realise concepts through to final manufacturing data.
- Product visualisation and rendering - Our team is capable of producing high quality and accurate product renders to help visualise your product idea and bring it to reality
- Advanced prototyping - Our wide range of CNC prototyping machines include FDM / SLS / SLA 3D Printers, a CNC Water Jet Cutter, a CNC Plasma Cutter, large and small format laser cutters, a 4-Axis CNC Milling Machine, a 4-Axis CNC Router and CNC Lathe.
- Leading edge workshops and laboratories - We have a significant range of product prototyping and medical laboratory facilities.
- Training - We offer tailored short courses to support idea development and prototyping skills. Find out more about our bespoke training program: From Idea to Prototype: Rapid Prototyping Techniques for Businesses
Design for Med-Tech
Design for research
Design for industry
Design for disability
We are extremely pleased with the work that the Design Matters team have recently done for us in relation to a novel concept product that we are expecting to go into Clinical Trials in the next few months.
Niel Campbell, CEO, Inspiration Healthcare Group
If you would like to learn more about how we can assist the technological resources of your business, then please fill in the enquiry form and a member of our team will be in touch.
Medical Technology Innovation Facility (MTIF)
Learn more about our Medical Technology Innovation Facility (MTIF), where products created by Design Matter are utilised.