GRADS for D2N2
If you're an SME based in Nottinghamshire or Derbyshire, you can access advice, support and funding to grow your business through graduate and apprenticeship talent.
The GRADS for D2N2 project is part-funded by the European Social Fund (ESF).
About the programme
The GRADS for D2N2 project provides small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) with a comprehensive package of free and subsidised support to help you connect with students, graduates and apprentices.
Whether you're an SME looking to recruit local graduates, or you're keen to see how graduate and high-level skills could support your business in different ways, this project can help you plug skills gaps, achieve more, and grow your business.
We're currently seeking an extension to this project, but NTU still have lots of opportunities to connect with our talented students and graduates.
The package of support
Organisational Needs Assessments
After enrolling on the project, you can request a free, full review of your business' current organisational set-up. Using this, we can help to identify your future needs and goals to explore how graduate and high-level skills could boost your business productivity now and in the future.
Skills and talent action plans
Based on the findings of the Organisational Needs Assessment, we can then offer to support with the production of an action plan. This will help us to set some concrete objectives to help get past your existing barriers to growth and productivity and help link you with the support that is available to you.
Talent grants can be used to support work experience, student placements and graduate internships that are meaningful for you. We are able to offer £1,000 to support six-week graduate placements that support your business, while also giving our graduates highly valuable experience in industry.
Employability advice and workshops
Our Employability team are able to work with you to provide expert advice on everything from attracting, selecting and retaining new employees, to raising your brand awareness on campus. With a comprehensive programme of events throughout the year including jobs fairs, market intelligence workshops, degree showcases and guest lectures, there are numerous opportunities to connect with the NTU talent pool.
Higher and degree apprenticeships
Up-skill your existing workforce or give a chance to promising new talent by working with our Apprenticeships team. A higher or degree apprenticeship could be the key to your organisations' professional development, and you could be entitled to 95% funding of the full cost of an apprenticeship programme. Therefore, your organisation will only need to pay the remaining 5%.
Co-designing our curriculum
Through co-design we aim to continually put SME needs, insight and experience at the core of developing and delivering our courses. We want to hear from you about what you need from your staff; whether it's a particular skill, knowledge or behaviour, you can influence our curriculum to help us make sure our graduates are ready to hit the ground running.
This project is available to SMEs that are based in the D2N2 area (Derby, Derbyshire, Nottingham, and Nottinghamshire). SMEs are defined as having:
- less than 250 employees
- an annual turnover under EUR 50 million or;
- an annual balance sheet less than EUR 43 million.
This project is part-funded by the European Social Fund (ESF).
What businesses are saying about the project
Since joining the business, our apprentice has made a really positive contribution and it's now down to us both to make the most of the opportunity. It's still early days but our experience to date of working with NTU has been overwhelmingly positive.
Graeme Blakey from Realm Projects on the apprenticeships support provided to his business.
Sam Evans, Managing Director of Gather Social
What our partners are offering
Nottingham Trent University is part of a consortium working together to deliver this project. If NTU support doesn't quite match your needs, perhaps one of our partners can help.
Bespoke creation of courses depending on individual needs delivered through e-learning and face-to-face delivery, and bi-monthly employer academies to influence the curriculum.
Bespoke courses tailored to your business need, including technical and job-specific vocational skills, employability provision, and development in English, Maths and ICT.
University of Derby
Regroup, recruit and rebuild your workforce at the University of Derby.