Services for Individuals
We offer free initial consultations on a range of legal issues for individuals and communities.
We offer free initial consultations on a range of legal issues including:
The areas of law we can cover are:
We provide one-off advice for clients as follows:
- Written letter of advice
- Over the phone advice
- Drop-in advice at the Legal Advice Centre
Employment FRU assistance
We provide assistance to FRU volunteers with their case to assist claimant clients in the Employment Tribunal. This work would include:
- Letters of advice;
- Preparing the Schedule of loss;
- Assist with any settlement discussions;
- Review of the client documents;
- Assist with the exchange of documents with Respondent business;
- Helping to prepare witness statements on behalf of client;
- Helping to prepare cross examination questions on the client’s case;
- Provide the skeleton argument; and
- Conduct the advocacy for the client.
The length of the case depends on the date of the Employment Tribunal Hearing. We cannot look at a case until there is a hearing date.
We provide outreach services at Nethfields St George's Community Centre and Nottingham Women's Centre.
We provide a drop-in service to:
- Meet for up to 30 minutes to discuss your legal query;
- Update you on whether we can provide assistance or not; and if appropriate
- Carry out research, prepare advice plan and provide you with advice under supervision of the relevant supervisor.
Most cases will be dealt with within a 3 week time period.
Please contact us or the relevant centre for the relevant dates and times.