Making Music Scholarship
If you're eligible for an NTU Bursary in 2019/20 and don't qualify for an NTU Music Scholarship, you can apply for one of 50 Making Music Scholarships we're offering.
This scholarship provides you with paid vocal or instrumental tuition from one of our experienced teachers. You don't need to have previous experience – just a passion for making music!
Make sure you apply before the deadline, 5 pm on Thursday 10 October 2019.
What will I get?
You'll receive 24 lessons of 30 minutes during term time, for the 2019/20 academic year. We'll also provide you with an instrument (where applicable, subject to availability). All lessons are taught at the NTU Music Centre on City Campus.
Choose from the following instruments (subject to availability):
- drum kit
- percussion including Mallets (marimba, xylophone, glockenspiel, vibraphone) and timpani
- guitar including acoustic, electric and bass
- brass including cornet, tenor horn, french horn, euphonium, trombone, tuba
- woodwind including flute, piccolo, clarinet, soprano saxophone and tenor saxophone
- strings including violin, cello and double bass
Can I apply?
You can apply for this scholarship if:
- You are eligible for an NTU Bursary in 2019/20
- You are not eligible to apply for our NTU Music Scholarship
How do I apply?
To apply, email email@example.com with the following information:
- Full name
- Student number
- Year of study
- Campus you're based at
- Your top three instruments of choice (choose from the list above), ranked 1-3 in order of preference.
- Your musical experience, including lessons and performance.
- A short statement about why you think you should receive one of these scholarships (no more than 300 words).
The deadline to apply for a Making Music Scholarship is 5 pm on Thursday 10 October 2019.
We will assess all applications received before the deadline based on your choice of instrument, experience, and statement. Successful students will be contacted w/c 14 October 2019.
Speak to the NTU Music team on 0115 848 4570, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call into the Music Centre.