Making Music Scholarship
If you're eligible for an NTU Bursary in 2020/21 and don't qualify for an NTU Music Scholarship, you can apply for one of the Making Music Scholarships we're offering.
This scholarship provides you with paid vocal or instrumental tuition from one of our experienced teachers. You don't need to have previous experience – just a passion for making music!
Make sure you apply before the deadline, 5 pm on Friday 16 October 2020
What will I get?
You'll receive 24 lessons of 30 minutes during term time, for the 2020/21 academic year. We'll also provide you with an instrument (where applicable, subject to availability). All lessons are taught at the NTU Music Centre on City Campus, or virtually if required.
Choose from the following instruments (subject to availability):
- drum kit
- percussion including Mallets (marimba, xylophone, glockenspiel, vibraphone) and timpani
- guitar including acoustic, electric and bass
- brass including cornet, tenor horn, french horn, euphonium, trombone, tuba
- woodwind including flute, piccolo, clarinet, soprano saxophone and tenor saxophone
- strings including violin, cello and double bass
Can I apply?
You can apply for this scholarship if:
- You are eligible for an NTU Bursary in 2020/21
- You are not eligible to apply for our NTU Music Scholarship
How do I apply?
To apply, complete our online form.
The deadline to apply for a Making Music Scholarship is 5 pm on Friday 16 October 2020.
We will assess all applications received before the deadline based on your choice of instrument, experience, and statement. Successful students will be contacted as quickly as possible after the deadline.
Speak to the NTU Music team on 0115 848 4570, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call into the Music Centre in University Hall on City Campus.