Free English Classes
- improve your general English language skills (e.g. speaking, listening, grammar, pronunciation)
- meet other learners and English teachers
- have a good time
- get an NTU attendance certificate*
These classes are taught by trainee teachers who want to practise their English teaching skills. They will be supervised by expert tutors.
The classes are fun, interactive, varied, very useful…and FREE!
We offer classes at the following levels:
- Upper-intermediate – (B2; ESOL Level 2; FCE; IELTS 5.5 – 6.5)
- Intermediate – (B1; ESOL Level 1; IELTS 4.5-5)
- Pre-intermediate – (A2-B1; ESOL Entry 3; IELTS 4)
- Elementary – ((A1-)A2; ESOL Entry 2)
Classes will start in November and January and finish in April or May (exact dates may change according to the needs of our training courses).
*A certificate will be awarded for attendance of 80% or higher.
Please note not all Nottingham Trent University terms, conditions and regulations apply to students taking part in the Free English classes.
Free English Class attendee:
Having the opportunity to attend these classes helped me gain confidence in speaking English and helped to improve my vocabulary. Classes are very dynamic and there are plenty of opportunities to practice speaking. What we learn is always related to everyday life, so it is really worth joining
‘Taking the Free English Classes was a good experience for me, especially because students did a very good job teaching us. I really liked having young teachers who helped me a lot to improve my English. I liked the combination of the teaching environment and the teaching method. The method is relaxing and professional - just interesting!
English Class attendee
What you'll study
This course will improve your all-round English language ability. You will also develop your study skills and gain experience talking to British people.