Skip to content

Information and entry requirements for students from Botswana

Interested in studying at Nottingham Trent University (NTU)? On this page, we’ve included everything you’ll need to know – meet NTU’s Representatives for Africa, learn about our entry requirements, and sign up to keep in touch with us.

Team Africa 2022

Welcome to NTU

Hello, we’re NTU’s Team Africa (Chukwuka, Anna, Kotana and Richie) and we are your NTU Representatives! We’re delighted you’re thinking about studying here. We regularly visit the region and love meeting new students and families personally to give advice and guidance.

Our visit schedule is on the NTU in Africa webpage or you can register with us and we’ll let you know when we’re next visiting. If you can't meet us in person just email us your queries or we could even arrange a Skype session.

Entry Requirements

Your qualificationYou could study
Botswana General Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (BGCSE) / Cambridge Overseas School CertificateConsidered for a foundation certificate at Nottingham Trent International College (NTIC)
Diploma (from the University of Botswana) / bachelor degree part one’ to Diploma (from the University of Botswana) / bachelor degree part one / Higher National Diploma Considered for direct entry to undergraduate degrees

Bachelor from University of Botswana or the Botswana Qualifications Authority (BQA)

A minimum of 4 years can be considered for Year Two entry to undergraduate degrees or top-up courses

2:1 and first class degrees (minimum of 5 or 6 years) can be considered for postgraduate study

Masters degreeconsidered for postgraduate study

Please note that these entry requirements are guidelines only. If you have questions about your qualification and it is not listed here, please contact us.

English language requirements

We accept many different tests and qualifications, including qualifications from Botswana, such as the Botswana General Certificate of Secondary Education Examination with a grade C. You can find full details of alternative English qualifications we accept here.

Students who do not meet the English language requirements may be required to take a pre-sessional English language (PEAP) course.

NTU representatives

We work closely with a network of representatives all over the world including counsellors in education agencies, schools and colleges.

They can advise you on entry requirements, the application process and how to apply for a visa among other things.

You'll find their details on this page.

Still need help?

International Development Office
+44 (0) 115 848 8175