Information and entry requirements for students from Ghana
Interested in studying at Nottingham Trent University (NTU)? On this page, we’ve included everything you’ll need to know – meet NTU’s Representative for Africa, learn about our entry requirements, and sign up to keep in touch with us.
Welcome to NTU
Hello, my name's Mr Wole Ibukun. I'm the NTU Representative for Ghana.
I love meeting new students and families personally to give advice and guidance. If you register we’ll let you know each time I'm doing a visit and keep you up to date. If you can't meet me in person just email me your queries or we could even arrange a Skype session.
We have a long history of welcoming Ghanaian students and have a lively African community at the University who’ll make you feel very welcome.
Ghana High Achievers Award
We are pleased to offer a £3,000 fee reduction to all highly-achieving Ghanaian students holding offers to study any of our full-time Masters courses starting in January 2022.
You must have a 2:1 or 1st class degree from Ghana.
To apply please complete our application form and we'll assess your eligibility. You need to have an offer to study with us before you can apply for this award.
First deadline: Wednesday 13 October 2021 (16:00 GMT)
Final deadline: Wednesday 10 November 2021 (16:00 GMT)
Terms and Conditions Ghana High Achievers Award
- You must be permanently domiciled in Ghana.
- You must have achieved a 2:1 or 1st class degree from Ghana at the time of applying to Nottingham Trent University.
- You must be holding an offer for January 2022 to study at Nottingham Trent University.
- You must be a self-financing student eligible to pay international tuition fees. Students who are sponsored are not eligible.
- This offer is applicable to full time taught postgraduate Masters programmes (excluding professional courses such as BPTC, LPC, DBA and distance learning courses).
- You must not have previously studied at Nottingham Trent University. If you have, you may be eligible for the 20% postgraduate alumni discount.
- If you are doing a two-year course, you will only receive the discount for your first year of study at Nottingham Trent University.
- Your fee cannot also be discounted by another arrangement such as a corporate contract or partnership discount.
- You may qualify for both an award and a scholarship but your total fee reduction must not exceed 50% of your tuition fees.
- This award will be a tuition fee reduction. If you are confirmed for this award, your fee will be adjusted before you enrol.
- All decisions on eligibility for these discounts are at the University's discretion and are final.
- If you are a recipient of the Ghana High Achievers Award, we may ask you to appear in online and/or printed university marketing materials. For example, providing a student profile and photograph which may be used to promote the University.
LLM Sub-Saharan Africa Scholarship
If you have an offer to study with us in September 2021 you can apply for one of our scholarships.
If you're a postgraduate student you can apply for our LLM Sub-Saharan Africa 50% scholarship. We also have a range of other international scholarships.
Final deadline: Wednesday 30 June 2021 (16:00 GMT)
I was attracted to the practical elements of the course because I could see how they would benefit me in my career.
Audrey-Jacqueline Tettey, Ghana, MA International Development.
Meet one of our Ghanaian students
"There are so many opportunities when you are at NTU. Take advantage of every opportunity that you have. Sign up and do something, it builds up your experience and confidence. NTU is such a relaxing, comfortable environment with so many friendly people. I’ve met most of my friends from my classes and have met people from so many places. It was a goal of mine to make friends not only from Africa, but from all over the world."
Claudia Betty Agyemang studies Human Rights and Justice (LLM).
Read her student story.
|Your qualification||You could study|
|West African Examination Council Senior School Certificate (WASSCE)||Considered for a foundation courses at Nottingham Trent International College (NTIC)|
|West African Higher School Certificate||Considered for direct entry to undergraduate courses|
|Higher National Diploma (HND)|
NTIC Pre-masters coursesAlso considered for second year entry to undergraduate degree
Bachelors degreePublic universities:
2:1 = GPA of 3.25/4 or 4.29/5
2:2 = 2.5/4 or 2.8/5 GPA
For private institutions please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Masters degree||Postgraduate research|
Please note that these entry requirements are guidelines only. If you have questions about your qualification and it is not listed here, please contact us.
English language requirements
We accept many different tests and qualifications, including qualifications from Ghana, such as the West African Examinations Council Senior School Certificate (WASSCE) with a grade C or 6. Please provide a scratch card as part of your application. You can find full details of alternative English qualifications we accept here.
Students who do not meet the English language requirements may be required to take a pre-sessional English language (PEAP) course.