Information and entry requirements for students from Ghana
Interested in studying at Nottingham Trent University (NTU)? On this page, we’ve included everything you’ll need to know – meet NTU’s Representative for Africa, learn about our entry requirements, and sign up to keep in touch with us.
Welcome to NTU
Hello, we’re NTU’s Team Africa (Chukwuka, Anna, Kotana and Richie) and we are your NTU Representatives! We’re delighted you’re thinking about studying here. We regularly visit the region and love meeting new students and families personally to give advice and guidance.
Our visit schedule is on the NTU in Africa webpage or you can register with us and we’ll let you know when we’re next visiting. If you can't meet us in person just email us your queries or we could even arrange a Skype session.
Ghana High Achievers Award
We are pleased to offer up to £3,000 fee reduction to all high achieving Ghanaian students.
Please note the final deadline for January 2023 entry was 12 October 2022 so applications are now closed.
Applications and entry requirements for September 2023 entry will be announced in January 2023.
Terms and Conditions Ghana High Achievers Award
- You must be permanently domiciled in Ghana.
- You must have achieved a 1st class degree from Ghana at the time of applying to Nottingham Trent University.
- You must be holding an offer to study at Nottingham Trent University.
- You must be a self-financing student eligible to pay international tuition fees. Students who are sponsored are not eligible.
- This offer is applicable to full time taught postgraduate Masters programmes (excluding SQE Preparation courses, PGDL, LPC, BTC, Distance Learning and Exchange students).
- You must not have previously studied at Nottingham Trent University. If you have, you may be eligible for the 20% Alumni discount (the higher amount would be deducted from your tuition fees).
- If you are doing a two-year course, you will only receive the discount for your first year of study at Nottingham Trent University.
- If you are studying at an institution that has a partnership agreement with NTU you are eligible for either an NTU International Scholarship or the Partner Progression Discount (the higher amount would be deducted from your tuition fees).
- If you are awarded any other scholarship, bursary and / or tuition fee reduction from NTU you will only be eligible for the higher award (except for candidates who are awarded a Sport Scholarship)
- This award will be a tuition fee reduction. If you are confirmed for this award, your fee will be adjusted before you enrol.
- All decisions on eligibility for these discounts are at the University's discretion and are final.
- If you are a recipient of the Ghana High Achievers Award, we may ask you to appear in online and/or printed university marketing materials. For example, providing a student profile and photograph which may be used to promote the University.
LLM Sub-Saharan Africa Scholarship
Nottingham Law School (NLS) is pleased to offer one competitive scholarship up to a value of half your tuition fee.
We welcome applications from students from Ghana who are holding an offer to study on a NLS full-time LLM Masters programme (not including LPC/BTC).
The scholarship will be awarded to the candidate who most closely meets the criteria for the award.
Find out more information about our deadlines and how to apply below.
I was attracted to the practical elements of the course because I could see how they would benefit me in my career.
Audrey-Jacqueline Tettey, Ghana, MA International Development.
Meet one of our Ghanaian students
"There are so many opportunities when you are at NTU. Take advantage of every opportunity that you have. Sign up and do something, it builds up your experience and confidence. NTU is such a relaxing, comfortable environment with so many friendly people. I’ve met most of my friends from my classes and have met people from so many places. It was a goal of mine to make friends not only from Africa, but from all over the world."
Claudia Betty Agyemang studies Human Rights and Justice (LLM).
Read her student story.
|Your qualification||You could study|
|West African Examination Council Senior School Certificate (WASSCE)||Considered for a foundation courses at Nottingham Trent International College (NTIC)|
|Higher National Diploma (HND)|
NTIC Pre-masters coursesAlso considered for second year entry to undergraduate degree
Bachelors degreePublic universities:
2.i = 3.0/4 or 4.29/5
2.ii = 2.5/4 or 2.8/5
|Masters degree||Postgraduate research|
Please note that these entry requirements are guidelines only. If you have questions about your qualification and it is not listed here, please contact us.
English language requirements
We accept many different tests and qualifications, including qualifications from Ghana, such as the West African Examinations Council Senior School Certificate (WASSCE) with a grade C or 6. Please provide a scratch card as part of your application. You can find full details of alternative English qualifications we accept here.
Students who do not meet the English language requirements may be required to take a pre-sessional English language (PEAP) course.