Information and entry requirements for students from Bangladesh
Interested in studying at Nottingham Trent University (NTU)? On this page, we’ve included everything you’ll need to know – meet NTU’s Representative for Bangladesh, learn about our entry requirements and high achievers awards. You can also sign up to keep in touch with us. here.
Welcome to NTU
Hello, my name’s Shruti Jaggi and I'm the NTU Representative for Bangladesh. I’m delighted you’re considering studying with us and if you have any questions I’ll be happy to help.
If you’d like us to keep in touch with you please register with us and we’ll send you updates on what’s happening at the University. We’ll also let you know if I’m visiting Bangladesh so we can arrange to meet if you wish.
I chose to study here as Nottingham Law School is one of the finest and most prestigious law schools in the UK. Mustakimur Rahman, Dhaka, LLM
Bangladesh High Achievers Awards
We are pleased to offer a £3,000 fee reduction to all highly-achieving students from Bangladesh holding offers to study any of our full-time Masters courses starting in January 2022.
You must have 3.3 CGPA or a 1st class degree from Bangladesh.
To apply please complete our application form and we'll assess your eligibility. You need to have an offer to study with us before you can apply for this award.
First deadline: Wednesday 13 October 2021 (16:00 GMT)
Final deadline: Wednesday 10 November 2021 (16:00 GMT)
Terms and Conditions Bangladesh High Achievers Award
- You must be permanently domiciled in Bangladesh.
- You must have 3.3 CGPA or 1st class degree from Bangladesh at the time of applying to Nottingham Trent University.
- You must be holding an offer for January 2022 to study at Nottingham Trent University.
- You must be a self-financing student eligible to pay international tuition fees. Students who are sponsored are not eligible.
- This offer is applicable to full time taught postgraduate Masters programmes (excluding professional courses such as BPTC, LPC, DBA and distance learning courses).
- You must not have previously studied at Nottingham Trent University. If you have, you may be eligible for the 20% postgraduate alumni discount.
- If you are doing a two-year course, you will only receive the discount for your first year of study at Nottingham Trent University.
- Your fee cannot also be discounted by another arrangement such as a corporate contract or partnership discount.
- You may qualify for both an award and a scholarship but your total fee reduction must not exceed 50% of your tuition fees.
- This award will be a tuition fee reduction. If you are confirmed for this award, your fee will be adjusted before you enrol.
- All decisions on eligibility for these discounts are at the University's discretion and are final.
- If you are a recipient of the Bangladesh High Achievers Award, we may ask you to appear in online and/or printed university marketing materials. For example, providing a student profile and photograph which may be used to promote the University.
|Your qualification||You could study|
|High School Certificate holders with less than 90%||Foundation and International Year One courses at Nottingham Trent International College (NTIC)|
|High School Certificate with 90%+ average||Undergraduate Year One|
|Polytechnic diploma at 60%+|
|2-year degree at 50% / Second Class (if GPA please contact us for clarification)|
|2-year degree and 2-year Masters||Masters courses|
|3-year degree at 60%+||Undergraduate Year Two|
|Students with 3-year degree and 1-year Masters||Masters courses|
|4-year degree at 55%+ or GPA 2.7 for 2:2 requirement|
|4-year degree with 2-year Masters||PhD research|
English language entry requirements
To meet the University language requirements you’ll need one of the following:
- an IELTS qualification at the appropriate grade
- alternative English language qualification accepted by the University. For example iGCSE English or A-level English grade C+.
Students who do not meet the English language requirements may be required to take a pre-sessional English language (PEAP) course.
If you have questions about your qualification and it is not listed here, contact us for advice.
We work closely with a network of representatives all over the world including counsellors in education agencies, schools and colleges.
They can advise you on entry requirements, the application process and how to apply for a visa among other things.
You'll find their details on this page.