Information and entry requirements for students from Bangladesh
Interested in studying at Nottingham Trent University (NTU)? On this page, we’ve included everything you’ll need to know – meet NTU’s Country Advisor for Bangladesh, learn about our entry requirements and high achievers awards. You can also sign up to keep in touch with us here.
Welcome to NTU
Hello, my name’s Al Nahiyan and I'm the NTU Country Advisor for Bangladesh. I’m delighted you’re considering studying with us and if you have any questions I’ll be happy to help.
If you’d like us to keep in touch with you please register with us and we’ll send you updates on what’s happening at the University. We’ll also let you know if I’m visiting Bangladesh so we can arrange to meet if you wish.
I chose to study here as Nottingham Law School is one of the finest and most prestigious law schools in the UK. Mustakimur Rahman, Dhaka, LLM
Bangladesh Undergraduate Scholarship
We are pleased to offer a number of competitive scholarships up to a value of half your tuition fee. We welcome applications from students from Bangladesh who are holding an offer to study an undergraduate Nottingham Law School course.
The scholarships will be awarded to the candidates who most closely meets the criteria for the award.
Find out more information about our deadlines and how to apply below.
Bangladesh High Achievers Awards
We are pleased to offer up to £3,000 fee reduction to all high achieving Bangladeshi students. To be eligible you must:
- Have an offer to study one of our full-time Masters courses in January 2023.
- Achieve a 3.3 CGPA or a 1st class degree from a recognised Bangladesh University.
To apply please complete our application form and we'll assess your eligibility.
You can also apply for our range of international scholarships range from £2,000 to 50% of your tuition fee. We’ll assess you for all scholarships you are eligible for.
The deadline to apply is 12 October 2022 at 16:00 GMT.
Terms and Conditions Bangladesh High Achievers Award
- You must be permanently domiciled in Bangladesh.
- You must have 3.3 CGPA or 1st class degree from Bangladesh at the time of applying to Nottingham Trent University.
- You must be holding an offer for January 2023 to study at Nottingham Trent University.
- You must be a self-financing student eligible to pay international tuition fees. Students who are sponsored are not eligible.
- This offer is applicable to full time taught postgraduate Masters programmes (excluding SQE Preparation courses, PGDL, LPC, BTC, Distance Learning and Exchange students).
- You must not have previously studied at Nottingham Trent University. If you have, you may be eligible for the 20% Alumni discount (the higher amount would be deducted from your tuition fees).
- If you are doing a two-year course, you will only receive the discount for your first year of study at Nottingham Trent University.
- If you are studying at an institution that has a partnership agreement with NTU you are eligible for either an NTU International Scholarship or the Partner Progression Discount (the higher amount would be deducted from your tuition fees).
- If you are awarded any other scholarship, bursary and / or tuition fee reduction from NTU you will only be eligible for the higher award (except for candidates who are awarded a Sport Scholarship)
- This award will be a tuition fee reduction. If you are confirmed for this award, your fee will be adjusted before you enrol.
- All decisions on eligibility for these discounts are at the University's discretion and are final.
- If you are a recipient of the Bangladesh High Achievers Award, we may ask you to appear in online and/or printed university marketing materials. For example, providing a student profile and photograph which may be used to promote the University.
|Your qualification||You could study|
|High School Certificate holders with less than 90%||Foundation and International Year One courses at Nottingham Trent International College (NTIC)|
|High School Certificate with 90%+ average||Undergraduate Year One|
|Polytechnic diploma at 60%+|
|2-year degree at 50% / Second Class (if GPA please contact us for clarification)|
|2-year degree and 2-year Masters||Masters courses|
|3-year degree at 60%+||Undergraduate Year Two|
|Students with 3-year degree and 1-year Masters||Masters courses|
|4-year degree at 55%+ or GPA 2.7 for 2:2 requirement|
|4-year degree with 2-year Masters||PhD research|
English language entry requirements
To meet the University language requirements you’ll need one of the following:
- an IELTS qualification at the appropriate grade
- alternative English language qualification accepted by the University. For example iGCSE English or A-level English grade C+.
Students who do not meet the English language requirements may be required to take a pre-sessional English language (PEAP) course.
If you have questions about your qualification and it is not listed here, contact us for advice.
We work closely with a network of representatives all over the world including counsellors in education agencies, schools and colleges.
They can advise you on entry requirements, the application process and how to apply for a visa among other things.
You'll find their details on this page.