Information and entry requirements for students from Thailand
Interested in studying at Nottingham Trent University (NTU)? On this page, we’ve included everything you’ll need to know – meet NTU’s Representative for Thailand, learn about our entry requirements, and sign up to keep in touch with us.
Welcome to NTU
Hello, my name’s Katy and I'm the NTU Representative for Thailand. I’m delighted you’re considering studying with us and if you have any questions I’ll be happy to help. I visit Thailand a lot and love meeting new students and families personally to give advice and guidance.
Get in touch
If you’d like us to keep in touch with you please register with us and we’ll send you updates on what’s happening at the University. We’ll also let you know if I’m visiting Thailand so we can arrange to meet if you wish – or you can contact me directly.
Thailand High Achievers Award
We are pleased to offer a £3,000 fee reduction to all highly-achieving students from Thailand holding offers to study any of our full-time Masters courses starting in September 2021.
You must have the following grades to be eligible:
- GPA 2.9 or above from Chulalongkorn University, Thammasat university and Chiang Mai University
- GPA 3.0 from all other Thai universities
To claim please email the International Development Office with your name and NTU student number. Please write 'Thailand High Achievers Award' in the subject of the email.
First deadline: Wednesday 13 January 2021 (16:00 GMT)
Final deadline: Wednesday 30 June 2021 (16:00 GMT)
Terms and Conditions Thailand High Achievers Award
- You must be permanently domiciled in Thailand.
- You must have achieved a 2:1 or 1st class degree from Thailand at the time of applying to Nottingham Trent University.
- You must be holding an offer for September 2021 to study at Nottingham Trent University.
- You must be a self-financing student eligible to pay international tuition fees. Students who are sponsored are not eligible.
- This offer is applicable to full time taught postgraduate Masters programmes (excluding professional courses such as BPTC, LPC, DBA and distance learning courses).
- You must not have previously studied at Nottingham Trent University. If you have, you may be eligible for the 20% postgraduate alumni discount.
- If you are doing a two-year course, you will only receive the discount for your first year of study at Nottingham Trent University.
- Your fee cannot also be discounted by another arrangement such as a corporate contract or partnership discount.
- You may qualify for both an award and a scholarship but your total fee reduction must not exceed 50% of your tuition fees.
- This award will be a tuition fee reduction. If you are confirmed for this award, your fee will be adjusted before you enrol.
- All decisions on eligibility for these discounts are at the University's discretion and are final.
- If you are a recipient of the Thailand High Achievers Award, we may ask you to appear in online and/or printed university marketing materials. For example, providing a student profile and photograph which may be used to promote the University.
Six weeks free pre-sessional English
If you are holding an offer to study at NTU in September 2021, you are eligible for six free weeks of tuition on our pre-sessional English course.
This offer can be applied to either our six or ten week English course.
You’ll find full details of this opportunity on this page.
Meet our Thai students
NTU has great facilities, such as the library, and also gave good support to international students. Supreeya Tachatanawat, Thailand, MA Branding and Identity.
"When I first arrived I noticed how multicultural the course is; we have people from all over Asia, the USA and Europe. Nottingham is a friendly city, and I feel really comfortable here; I know I can get good Asian food and people help you out if you ask them."
Pragkaew Tantichativat studies International Fashion Management (MA).
Read her student story.
|Your qualification||You could study|
Grade point average of 3.0
|Foundation courses at Nottingham Trent International College (NTIC)|
Grade point average of 2.5
|International Year One courses at NTIC|
Year One Bachelors degree.
Year One Bachelors degree.
Grades vary – please see our information on the UCAS Tariff points.
Bachelors degree (four years)
Grade point average or final two-year grade point average of between 2.4 and 3.0
Postgraduate (Masters) courses
Exact point requirement will depend on the subject studied and the NTU course.
|Masters degree||Postgraduate research|
English language entry requirements
If you have questions about your qualification and it is not listed here, please contact us for advice.
Students who do not meet the English language requirements may be required to take a pre-sessional English language (PEAP) course.
We work closely with a network of representatives all over the world including counsellors in education agencies, schools and colleges.
They can advise you on entry requirements, the application process and how to apply for a visa among other things.
You'll find their details on this page.