Information and entry requirements for students from Thailand
Interested in studying at Nottingham Trent University (NTU)? On this page, we’ve included everything you’ll need to know – meet NTU’s Representative for Thailand, learn about our entry requirements, and sign up to keep in touch with us.
Welcome to NTU
Hello, my name’s Katy and I'm the NTU Representative for Thailand. I’m delighted you’re considering studying with us and if you have any questions I’ll be happy to help. I visit Thailand a lot and love meeting new students and families personally to give advice and guidance.
Get in touch
If you’d like us to keep in touch with you please register with us and we’ll send you updates on what’s happening at the University. We’ll also let you know if I’m visiting Thailand so we can arrange to meet if you wish – or you can contact me directly.
Thailand High Achievers Award
We are pleased to offer up to £3,000 fee reduction to all high achieving Thai students. To be eligible you must:
- Have an offer to study one of our full-time Masters courses
- Achieve a GPA 2.9 or above from Chulalongkorn University, Thammasat university and Chiang Mai University OR a GPA 3.0 from all other Thai universities
Please note the final deadline for January 2023 entry was 12 October 2022 so applications are now closed.
Applications for September 2023 entry will open in January 2023.
Terms and Conditions Thailand High Achievers Award
- You must be permanently domiciled in Thailand.
- You must have achieved a 2:1 or 1st class degree from Thailand at the time of applying to Nottingham Trent University.
- You must be holding an offer to study at Nottingham Trent University.
- You must be a self-financing student eligible to pay international tuition fees. Students who are sponsored are not eligible.
- This offer is applicable to full time taught postgraduate Masters programmes (excluding SQE Preparation courses, PGDL, LPC, BTC, Distance Learning and Exchange students).
- You must not have previously studied at Nottingham Trent University. If you have, you may be eligible for the 20% Alumni discount (the higher amount would be deducted from your tuition fees).
- If you are doing a two-year course, you will only receive the discount for your first year of study at Nottingham Trent University.
- If you are studying at an institution that has a partnership agreement with NTU you are eligible for either an NTU International Scholarship or the Partner Progression Discount (the higher amount would be deducted from your tuition fees).
- If you are awarded any other scholarship, bursary and / or tuition fee reduction from NTU you will only be eligible for the higher award (except for candidates who are awarded a Sport Scholarship)
- This award will be a tuition fee reduction. If you are confirmed for this award, your fee will be adjusted before you enrol.
- All decisions on eligibility for these discounts are at the University's discretion and are final.
- If you are a recipient of the Thailand High Achievers Award, we may ask you to appear in online and/or printed university marketing materials. For example, providing a student profile and photograph which may be used to promote the University.
Six weeks free pre-sessional English
If you are holding an offer to study at NTU in September 2023, you are eligible for six free weeks of tuition on our pre-sessional English course.
This offer can be applied to either our six or ten week English course.
You’ll find full details of this opportunity on this page.
Meet our Thai students
NTU has great facilities, such as the library, and also gave good support to international students. Supreeya Tachatanawat, Thailand, MA Branding and Identity.
"When I first arrived I noticed how multicultural the course is; we have people from all over Asia, the USA and Europe. Nottingham is a friendly city, and I feel really comfortable here; I know I can get good Asian food and people help you out if you ask them."
Pragkaew Tantichativat studies International Fashion Management (MA).
Read her student story.
|Your qualification||You could study|
Grade point average of 3.0
|Foundation courses at Nottingham Trent International College (NTIC)|
Grade point average of 2.5
|International Year One courses at NTIC|
Year One Bachelors degree.
Year One Bachelors degree.
Grades vary – please see our information on the UCAS Tariff points.
Bachelors degree (four years)
Grade point average or final two-year grade point average of between 2.4 and 3.0
Postgraduate (Masters) courses
Exact point requirement will depend on the subject studied and the NTU course.
|Masters degree||Postgraduate research|
English language entry requirements
If you have questions about your qualification and it is not listed here, please contact us for advice.
Students who do not meet the English language requirements may be required to take a pre-sessional English language (PEAP) course.
NTU Education Counsellors
We work closely with a network of education counsellors all over the world in education agencies, schools and colleges.
They can advise you on entry requirements, the application process and how to apply for a visa among other things.
View our NTU Education Counsellors Network.