Skip to content

Information and entry requirements for students from Belgium


Welcome to NTU

Hello, my name’s Chloe Tiozzo and I’m the NTU Country Advisor for Belgium. I’m delighted you’re considering studying with us and if you have any questions I’ll be happy to help in any way I can.

If you’d like us to keep in touch with you please register with us and we’ll send you updates on what’s happening at the University. We’ll also let you know if I’m visiting Belgium so we can arrange to meet if you wish.

Useful links

European students

Our European Community

We have a thriving European community at NTU. Meet some of our European students and find out more about student life. You can also find lots of helpful advice and find answers to frequently asked questions.

Check out our European Community page.

Olivier Yambo
Olivier Yambo

Read about our student

Olivier, PhD candidate and research assistant at Nottingham Law School, has been intensively involved in a broad range of international law/UN projects on ocean-related environmental issues.

What our students say

Entry requirements

Your qualificationYou could study

Leaving Certificate from a General, Technical or Artistic School (6 years)

Leaving Certificate from a Vocational School (at least 7 years)

  • Certificat d'Enseignement Secondaire Supérieur (French speaking community)
  • Diploma Secundair Onderwijs (Dutch speaking community)
  • Abschlusszeugnis der Oberstufe des Sekundarunterrichts (German-speaking community)

Offers are made ranging between 50-77 depending on the entry criteria of your chosen course and will be stated in UCAS Tariff points

As a guide we would look for:

  • 77% for courses which require 136 UCAS Tariff points
  • 75% for courses which require 128 UCAS Tariff points
  • 72% for courses which require 120 UCAS Tariff points
  • 70% for courses which require 112 UCAS Tariff points
  • 67% for courses which require 104 UCAS Tariff points
  • 65% for courses which require 96 UCAS Tariff points
  • 62% for courses which require 88 UCAS Tariff points
  • 60% for courses which require 80 UCAS Tariff points
  • 50% for courses which require 48 UCAS Tariff points
Bachelor/Licenciaat/LicenciéMinimum mark of met voldoening / avec satisfaction / Op voldoende wijze (low) / Geslaagd (low) / 65% = 2.ii
Minimum avec distinction / Met onderscheiding / Op voldoende wijze (high) / Geslaagd (high) / 72% = 2.i
MastersA good grade in a Masters qualification is required for entry onto our research degrees

English language requirements

You’ll need an IELTS qualification at the appropriate grade or an alternative English language qualification accepted by the University.

If you have questions about your qualification and it is not listed here, please contact us for advice.

Students who do not meet the English language requirements may be required to take a pre-sessional English language (PEAP) course.

NTU Education Counsellors

We work closely with a network of representatives all over the world including counsellors in education agencies, schools and colleges.

They can advise you on entry requirements, the application process and how to apply for a visa among other things.

You'll find their details on this page.

Still need help?

International Development Office
+44 (0) 115 848 8175