Skip to content

Information and entry requirements for students from Hungary


Welcome to NTU

Hello, my name’s Chloe Tiozzo and I’m the NTU Representative for Hungary. I’m delighted you’re considering studying with us and if you have any questions I’ll be happy to help in any way I can.

If you’d like us to keep in touch with you please register with us and we’ll send you updates on what’s happening at the University. We’ll also let you know if I’m visiting Hungary so we can arrange to meet if you wish.

Useful links

NTU MA Fine Art student Szilvia Ponyiczki
Szilvia Ponyiczki

Meet our students

Szilvia Ponyiczki discusses her motivation for picking her course, the trips she's been on and her award.

"Having the chance to try out lots of different ideas in the workshops is great. It enables me to complement my painting practice with ceramic, wood, and metalwork too."

If you'd like to know more, please read more of her story.

European students

Our European Community

We have a thriving European community at NTU. Meet some of our European students and find out more about student life. You can also find lots of helpful advice and find answers to frequently asked questions.

Check out our European Community page.

Entry requirements

Your qualificationYou could study
Errettsegi (Matura)

Offers for undergraduate courses are made depending on the entry criteria of your chosen course. These will be stated in UCAS Tariff points.

As a guide we would look for:

  • 5 for course which require 136 UCAS points
  • 4.5 for course which require 128 UCAS Tariff points
  • 4 for course which require 112 - 120 UCAS Tariff points
  • 3.5 for course which require 96 - 104 UCAS Tariff points
  • 3 for course which require 80-88 UCAS Tariff points
  • 2 for course which require 46 UCAS Tariff points
Bachelor/Főiskola Oklevel/Egyetemi Oklevel
  • 3.5 for courses at postgraduate level requiring a 2.i.
  • 3 for courses at postgraduate level requiring a 2.ii.
Mesterfokozat / MastersA good grade in Mesterfokozat / Masters qualification is required for entry onto our research degrees.

If you have questions about your qualification and it is not listed here, please contact us for advice.

English language requirements

You’ll need an IELTS qualification at the appropriate grade or an alternative English language qualification accepted by the University.

Students who do not meet the English language requirements may be required to take a pre-sessional English language (PEAP) course.

Still need help?

International Development Office
+44 (0) 115 848 8175