Skip to content

Information and entry requirements for students from Latvia

Interested in studying at Nottingham Trent University (NTU)? On this page, we’ve included everything you’ll need to know – meet NTU’s Representative for Latvia, learn about our entry requirements, and sign up to keep in touch with us.


Welcome to NTU

Hello, my name’s Chloe Tiozzo and I’m the NTU Representative for Latvia. I’m delighted you’re considering studying with us and if you have any questions I’ll be happy to help in any way I can.

If you’d like us to keep in touch with you please register with us and we’ll send you updates on what’s happening at the University. We’ll also let you know if I’m visiting Latvia so we can arrange to meet if you wish.

Useful links

European students

Our European Community

We have a thriving European community here at NTU. Meet our students from all over Europe, and find answers to frequently asked questions about funding and Brexit.

Meet our students

Entry requirements

Your qualificationYou could study
Atestats par visparejo vdejo izglitibu

Offers for undergraduate courses are made depending on the entry criteria of your chosen course. These will be stated in UCAS Tariff points.

As a guide we would look for:

  • an average score of 8 / 10 for courses which require 128 - 136 UCAS Tariff points
  • an average score of 7.5 / 10 for courses which require 120 UCAS Tariff points
  • an average score of 7 / 10 for courses which require 80 - 112 UCAS Tariff points
  • an average score of 4 / 10 for courses which require 46 UCAS Tariff points

Bakalaurs / Bachelor

*From a recognised institution.

  • 7/10 for courses at postgraduate level requiring a 2.i.
  • 6/10 for courses at postgraduate level requiring a 2.ii.
Magistra DiplomsA good grade in the Magistra Diploms is required for entry onto our research degrees.

If you have questions about your qualification and it is not listed here, please contact us for advice.

English language requirements

You’ll need an IELTS qualification at the appropriate grade or an alternative English language qualification accepted by the University.

Students who do not meet the English language requirements may be required to take a pre-sessional English language (PEAP) course.

NTU Representatives

We work closely with a network of representatives all over the world including counsellors in education agencies, schools and colleges.

They can advise you on entry requirements, the application process and how to apply for a visa among other things.

You'll find their details on this page.

Still need help?

International Development Office
+44 (0) 115 848 8175