Skip to content

Information and entry requirements for students from Malta


Welcome to NTU

Hello, my name’s Chloe Tiozzo and I’m the NTU Representative for Malta. I’m delighted you’re considering studying with us and if you have any questions I’ll be happy to help in any way I can.

If you’d like us to keep in touch with you please register with us and we’ll send you updates on what’s happening at the University. We’ll also let you know if I’m visiting Malta so we can arrange to meet if you wish.

Useful links

European students

Our European Community

We have a thriving European community at NTU. Meet some of our European students and find out more about student life. You can also find lots of helpful advice and find answers to frequently asked questions.

Check out our European Community page.

Victoria Zoe Callus
Victoria Callus

Meet our students

"The most important skills I have gained from studying Creative Writing are through workshopping – listening to criticism but also learning when to stick to my original ideas."

Victoria Zoe Callus studied BA (Hons) English with Creative writing we now offer BA (Hons) Creative Writing read her student story.

Entry requirements

Your qualificationYou could study

A Levels

Use UCAS Tariff for entry to Undergraduate Year One

Matriculation Certificate - Advanced Level (MC)

Use A Level Tariff for Advanced Levels
Use AS Tariff for Intermediate Level

Bachelor degree (3 years)

IIA for postgraduate courses requiring a 2.i
IIB for postgraduate courses requiring a 2.ii

Bachelor degree honours (4 years) 2.i or 2.ii as applicable
Master's degree (when studied at the University of Malta)

A good grade in a Masters qualification is required for entry onto our research degrees.

English language requirements

To meet the University's English language entry requirements you will need one of the following:

  • Secondary Education Certificate Grades 1-3 in English
  • Academic qualification at least equivalent to a UK bachelor’s degree awarded by The University of Malta
  • An IELTS or other English language qualification accepted by the University at the appropriate grades

If you have questions about your qualifications and it is not listed here, please contact us for advice.

Students who do not meet the English language requirements may be required to take a pre-sessional English language (PEAP) course.

Still need help?

International Development Office
+44 (0)115 848 8175