Skip to content

Information and entry requirements for Switzerland


Welcome to NTU

Hello, my name’s Chloe Tiozzo and I’m the NTU Representative for Switzerland. I’m delighted you’re considering studying with us and if you have any questions I’ll be happy to help in any way I can.

If you’d like us to keep in touch with you please register with us and we’ll send you updates on what’s happening at the University. We’ll also let you know if I’m visiting Switzerland so we can arrange to meet if you wish.

Useful links

European students

Our European Community

We have a thriving European community at NTU. Meet some of our European students and find out more about student life. You can also find lots of helpful advice and find answers to frequently asked questions.

Check out our European Community page.

Entry requirements

Your qualification

You could study

International Baccalaureate

Offers for undergraduate courses are made depending on the entry criteria of your chosen course.

See our International Baccalaureate Diploma entry requirements to work out the number of UCAS tariff points that you will need.

Maturity Certificate [Federal or Cantonal]

Maturitätszeugnis (German speaking cantons)

Certificate de Maturité or Baccalauréat (French speaking Cantons)

Attestato di Maturità (Italian speaking Canton)

Fachmaturität / Maturité Specialise / Attestato di Maturità Specializzata

As a guide we would look for:

  • 136 UCAS Tariff points  =  5.5
  • 128 UCAS Tariff points = 5
  • 120  UCAS Tariff points =  5
  • 112 UCAS Tariff points = 4.5
  • 104-48 UCAS Tariff points =  4

Diplom / Diplôme / Lizentiat / Licence / Staatsdiplom / Diplôme d'Etat / Bachelor

  • Good

Bachelor degrees from Les Roches Global Hospitality Education (3.5 years)

  • 4.5 = UK 2:2
  • 5.5 = UK 2:1

For French qualifications, please refer to the French Country Page

For Italian qualifications, please refer to the Italian Country Page

For German qualifications, please refer to the German Country Page

If you have questions about your qualification and it is not listed here, please contact us for advice.

English language requirements

You’ll need an IELTS qualification at the appropriate grade or an alternative English language qualification accepted by the University.

Students who do not meet the English language requirements may be required to take a pre-sessional English language (PEAP) course.

Still need help?

+44 (0)115 941 8418