Project: HIV life course in Uganda and Zimbabwe including transitional readiness from Paediatric care to geriatric care
Collaborators: Makerere University (Uganda) and Midlands State University (Zimbabwe)
The study explores the various challenges experienced by people living with HIV from paediatric care to geriatric care. (Global Challenge Research Funding)
Focus countries: Uganda and Zimbabwe
Dates of project: November 2020 to April 2023
Methodological approaches: Qualitative
- Dr Mathew Nyashanu. Principal investigator. School of Social Sciences, NTU.
- Ms Farai Pfende. Co-investigator. School of Social Sciences NTU.
- Dr Scovia Nalugo Mbalinda. Makerere University (Uganda)
- Mr Dennis Lusota. Makerere University (Uganda).
- Dr Mandiedza Parichi. Midlands State University (Zimbabwe)
- Mr Charles Mutowa. Midlands State University (Zimbabwe)
- NYASHANU, M., LUSOTA, D.A., MUDDU, M. and MBALINDA, S.N., 2022. Effect of COVID 19 on older adults 50 years and above living with HIV in a less developed country. African Journal of AIDS Research, 21 (2), pp. 207-212. ISSN 1608-5906
- MBALINDA, S.N., KAYE, D.K., NYASHANU, M., KIWANUKA, N. and GASPAR, R., 2020. Using Andersen's behavioral model of health care utilization to assess contraceptive use among sexually active perinatally HIV-infected adolescents in Uganda. International Journal of Reproductive Medicine, 2020: 8016483. ISSN 2356-7104
- MBALINDA, S.N., BAKEERA-KITAKA, S., LUSOTA, D.A., MUSOKE, P., NYASHANU, M. and KAYE, D.K., 2021. Transition to adult care: exploring factors associated with transition readiness among adolescents and young people in adolescent ART clinics in Uganda. PLOS ONE, 16 (4): e0249971. ISSN 1932-6203
- MUSOKE, D., NYASHANU, M., BUGEMBE, H., LUBEGA, G.B., O’DONOVAN, J., HALAGE, A.A. and GIBSON, L., 2022. Contested notions of challenges affecting community health workers in low- and middle-income countries informed by the Silences Framework. Human Resources for Health, 20: 4. ISSN 1478-4491