Values-Driven Leadership & the Research on Ethical African Leadership (REAL)-Network
The Values-Driven Leadership (VDL) programme empowers leaders to act on their values and address ethical risks in their organisations and society, despite systemic pressures.
The programme was developed in 2015 with a focus on the African continent, and in a collaboration with the Academy of Business in Society (ABIS), corporate members and business schools in South Africa, Kenya and Egypt.
- Nine workshops have been co-delivered with local partners across Africa. It is supported by an alumni & researcher network, the Research on Ethical African Leadership (REAL) Network.
- In 2019, the programme was also adapted to, and implemented in 7 public health facilities in South Africa, with impact research conducted in 2020.
- Increased professional and sectoral commitment towards ethical leadership awareness and practice.
- Improvements in departmental and inter-departmental practices and in between organisations.
- Personal development and empowerment of professionals and leaders.