The Admissions team is committed through processes, systems and customer interaction to providing the best service and applicant experience for our students.
To do this, we work to the following principles:
1. We are admissions experts, and will deal with your application in a fair, transparent and consistent manner.
- Your application will be reviewed and assessed by trained admissions practitioners.
- We will treat all applicants fairly and review information provided in an equitable way.
- We will be consistent in our decision making, using all available evidence, defined processes and tools to make the best decisions we can.
- We will publish clear admissions criteria on our website, including qualification entry requirements and details of additional assessments / requirements.
- We will respond promptly to your enquiry or application, and provide feedback where requested.
2. We can help you achieve your potential.
- We are committed to equality and diversity of opportunity, giving students with the potential to succeed at NTU equal opportunity to join us.
- We use contextual data, as well as information provided in the application, to level inequalities in education and background and be as flexible as possible.
- Our Access and Participation Plan supports our commitment to creating opportunity and widening access.
3. We are a source of clear, consistent and accurate information.
- Our offers will be straightforward, easy to understand and specific to you.
- We will strive to keep things simple, using plain English, and provide you with accurate and up-to-date information.
- We will make it clear how you can get in touch with us, if the information we provide is unclear or you need extra advice.
- We will take care to understand your enquiry before responding.
4. We are here to help you every step of the way.
- There will always be a knowledgeable, polite and friendly person to help at every stage of your application and admission.
- If we need something from you, we will get in touch to request this, and try to ask for everything we need at the same time.
- We will do our best to accommodate your needs, and explain why if we can’t do so.
- It will be clear how, when and where you can get in touch with us for information and advice. We will keep you regularly updated and set clear expectations as to when you may receive a response.
- We will actively listen to your feedback to become more helpful and improve our service. If something is not right, please tell us.
5. We keep things just between us, ensuring confidentiality.
- We will safeguard all personal information provided, in compliance with the requirements of the Data Protection Act, Freedom of Information Act and General Data Protection Regulation.
- We will only discuss your application with yourself, or a named nominated contact.