As a new external examiner you will be invited to attend a welcome and induction event at which you will be introduced to Nottingham Trent University's (NTU) quality assurance frameworks and your role and responsibilities as an external examiner.
The main aims of the event are:
- To share with you the duties of the external examiner role at NTU
- For you to meet with members of the School and course team
- To provide you with an introduction to the NTU quality framework
You can view the materials used at previous events:
Upcoming induction events
Events for 2020 have been arranged for 4 March at the City Campus and 8 April at the Clifton Campus.
Registration will open in November/December 2019 and you will be invited to register using our online booking form.
If you are unable to attend an induction event, you should review the materials provided on this page and be expected to arrange to meet with the course team in advance of your first Board of Examiners.
The programme for the day begins with registration at 11.45am and lunch:
- 11:45-12:00 - Registration
- 12:00-12:45 - Lunch and networking
- 12:45-13:15 - Introduction to the NTU quality framework and the role of the external examiner at NTU
- 13:15 onwards - Introduction to the School and the course(s) - the School will arrange for you to meet with the course team and will confirm an end time for the afternoon session.
If you have any enquiries, please contact us
Further support for external examiners
The Degree Standards project, led by Advance HE, and managed by the Office for Students on behalf of the English, Welsh and Northern Ireland administrations, has developed professional development packages for external examiners. You might want to explore these further, particularly if you are new to external examining.