You and your Library
We want to make it easy for you to use your Library. We will provide learning spaces which we hope will motivate and inspire you, together with high quality resources and support for students, researchers and staff.
Our commitment to you is that we will:
- make available books, journals, and information resources to suit your needs
- provide friendly and professional help
- create an environment in the library that meets your study needs
- help develop your skills for independent lifelong learning
- respond promptly to your comments and feedback
- innovate and continuously improve so that we provide the best possible library service
- train and develop our staff so that they can provide a quality service
- keep you informed about library services and any changes we make to them
- keep you informed about our service standards and our performance against them.
You can help us by:
- taking good care of library materials, property and equipment
- treating each other and staff with courtesy and respect
- taking your belongings with you if you are leaving for an hour or more so that someone else can use the study space or PC
- using study spaces as they are designated, for quiet, silent or group use
- following simple rules on eating, drinking and mobile phones
- complying with copyright law
- telling us what you think of our services and how they might be improved.
Our Student Charter outlines our commitment to delivering a high quality student experience and what we expect of you as a student.
Rules and regulations
Our Regulations and Procedures (updated October 2018) govern your conduct and all other aspects of your use of the Library. You can be fined or suspended from using Library facilities if you breach these regulations; this includes behaving inappropriately or disrupting other users.