The PSEC Research Centre is one of three multidisciplinary centres in the School of Science and Technology. We have attracted funding from several research councils, the EU and a range of charities and businesses.
Research across the disciplines of physics, chemistry, electrical engineering, computer science and mathematics forms the platform for the PSEC Research Centre within the School of Science and Technology. In particular, Computer Science and Informatics has achieved 80% world-leading or internationally-excellent research impact (REF 2014). Find out more.
Research within the Physical Sciences, Engineering and Computing Research Centre is focussed around the following themes:
Smart materials and devices
- Inorganic and organic synthesis
- Sensors and acoustics
- Biomaterials and nanocomposites
- Optical materials and devices
- Display technologies
- Super water repellent surfaces
- Security x-ray imaging
- Imaging for art conservation and archaeology
- Magnetic resonance imaging
- Fluorescence imaging
Computing and informatics
- Interactive systems
- Intelligent Simulation, Modelling and Networking
- Computational Intelligence and Applications.
To discuss your research interests, find out about collaboration and funding opportunities, or for more information, please contact Professor Paul Evans, Director of PSEC or telephone +44 (0)115 848 8335.