Inclusion, diversity and engagement
Unit(s) of assessment: Education
Research theme: Safety and Security of Citizens and Society
School: School of Education
This area focuses on inclusive education, special needs education and learner engagement. The research is cross-disciplinary in nature drawing on approaches from educational research through to behaviour analysis therapy.
Research addresses a range of concerns from:
- the barriers to achievement
- inclusivity in physical education
- communication strategies for autistic learners
- the underachievement of young black male learners
- motivation and engagement of learners in further education.