In addition to his lecturing and research duties, Professor Al-Habaibeh, Professor of Intelligent Engineering Systems, is the industrial placement advisor for BSc (Hons) Product Design, BSc (Hons) Computer Aided Product Design, BA (Hons) Product Design and BA (Hons) Furniture and Product Design.
- June 2007, Sustainable Energy Generation from Wave Power, Ocean Navitas Ltd, (£10k).
- June 2007, Condition Monitoring for Gear Efficiency Improvement, chemineer Ltd, (£10k).
- A Novel Approach to Energy Conservation by Assessing the Thermal Insulation of Buildings Using Infrared Thermography and the Development of a Rapid Measurement Technique (£21k).
- Passive heating and cooling of buildings.
- The design of condition monitoring systems for turning processes, PhD Supervisor.
- Total Productive Maintenance, PhD supervisor.
- Advanced Design and Manufacturing Engineering
- Product Design
- Learning and Teaching Development Research Centre
- Design and Performance
Product design, infrared thermography, sustainability, sensor fusion, Mechatronics, control, Intelligent Machines and processes, machining operations, condition monitoring, embedded systems, remote monitoring systems, advanced manufacturing technology, condition-based maintenance, image processing, quality control and engineering management.
- 2011, PhD External Examiner, Loughborough University
- 2007 to 2008, Chairman of the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) for East Midlands Region.
- Chartered Engineer and Member of IET Nottingham/Derby Panel.
- Member of the Jordanian Society of Engineers.
- 2007, Productivity Improvement in Manufacturing Processes using Artificial Intelligence (invited lecture), IET Annual General Meeting.
- 2007, PhD External Examiner, The University of Nottingham.
- 2007, PhD External Examiner, Loughborough University.
- 2007 to 2008, Medici Associate Fellow, Midlands Medici.
- 2006, Teaching product design and manufacturing technology for the 21st Century (invited lecture), Um Al-Qura University, Saudi Arabia.
- 2004, UK's new low-cost infrared system (invited lecture), City University of Honk Kong, China, sponsored by the Royal Society.
- 2004, PhD External Examiner, The University of Cardiff.
- 2002, Mechatronics for Scientific Research and Industrial Development (invited lecture), Um Al-Qura University, Saudi Arabia.
- 2002, Industrial applications of Mechatronics (invited lecture), University of Jordan, Amman, Jordan,
Reviewer for the following journals:
- Journal of Engineering Manufacture, Proceedings of the Institute of Mechanical Engineers, Part B.
- Journal of Systems and Control Engineering, Proceedings of the Institute of Mechanical Engineers, Part I.
- The International Journal of Engineering Education.
- Journal of Materials Processing Technology.
- Journal of Measurement Science and Technology.
- Chinese Journal of Mechanical Engineering.
- Measurement (Elsevier Science).
Member of organising/international committee of the following conferences:
- Fourth International Conference on Responsive Manufacturing, Nottingham, 17-19 September 2007.
- International Conference on Advanced Design and Manufacture, 8-10 January 2006, Harbin, China.
- The 7th International Conference on Monitoring and automatic Supervision in Manufacturing, Zakopane, Poland, 19-21 August 2004.
- The 5th International Conference on Recent Advances in Soft Computing, Nottingham,UK, 15-18 December 2004.
- The International Conference on Mechatronics (ICOM 2003), Loughborough University, UK, June 2003.
- The International Conference on Responsive Manufacturing (ICRM), University of Nottingham, UK, 1997.
Sponsors and collaborators
Professor Al-Habaibeh collaborates with many academic and industrial institutions including:
- Mechatronics Research Centre at Loughborough University
- iensys Ltd (Intelligent Engineering Systems)
- Irisys Ltd (Infrared Integrated Systems)
- Toyota (ALJ)
- Navitas Ltd
- chemineer Ltd.
Full list of publications can be found by clicking on 'go to publications' link above.
A. AHMED M.A. MOHAMED, AMIN AL-HABAIBEH and HAFEZ ABDO, 2013. An investigation into the current utilisation and prospective of renewable energy resources and technologies in Libya, Renewable Energy Journal, Vol.50, pp.732-740 (doi: 10.1016/j.renene.2012.07.038) ISSN 0960-1481
YASEEN, S., AL-HABAIBEH, A., SU, D. and OTHAM, F., 2012. The Design of a Novel Sensor Fusion Model for Monitoring People's Density in Open Large Public Places using Infrared Thermography and Visual Imaging, Safety Science Journal (not published yet) ISSN 0925-7535
GRAISA, M. and AL-HABAIBEH, A., 2011. An investigation into current production challenges facing the Libyan cement industry and the need for innovative total productive maintenance (TPM) strategy. Journal of Manufacturing Technology Management, Vol.22 (4), pp. 541-558 (DOI: 10.1108/17410381111126445) ISSN 1741-038X
AL-HABAIBEH, A., SU, D., MCCAGUE, J. and KNIGHT, A., 2010. An Innovative Approach For Energy Generation From Waves. Energy Conversion And Management, Vol.51 (8), pp.1664-1668 (DOI: 10.1016/j.enconman.2009.11.041) ISSN 0196-8904See all of Amin Al-Habaibeh's publications...
- Energy in buildings
- Design and manufacturing