Course Leader for MSc Real Estate, MSc International Real Estate Investment and Finance and MSc Planning and Development.
Keith's teaching is informed by extensive practice experience as a Fellow of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (FRICS), working in the industrial, office and residential markets in London and the Midlands. He is a qualified teacher (PGCHE), a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA) and a Member of the Institute of Leadership and Management (MinstLM).
Specialties: Property Asset management, commercial valuation, agency and landlord & tenant law. He also has extensive practice experience in the field of residential survey and valuation.
Keith is a Chartered Surveyor and was previously an Associate Partner to a leading international real estate consultancy and Senior Associate Director to an East Midlands based practice. He has also consulted for several top firms and ran his own practice for several years. His career has included exposure to many areas of the profession, but with specialisation in the industrial, office and residential markets in London and the Midlands. His extensive practice experience brings commercial acumen to his teaching to the benefit of our students.
Keith has previously led both the undergraduate and postgraduate suites of real estate courses and was also the departmental Placement Adviser for several years. He now concentrates solely on course leaderships within the postgraduate suite.
He currently has module leaderships in Surveying Skills (Year One, undergraduate), Property Management and Agency (Year Two, undergraduate) and Real Estate Management and Agency (postgraduate). He also runs an annual international field trip for postgraduate students.
Keith has wide ranging interests in the following aspect of real estate:
- National Planning Policy Framework and Neighbourhood Planning
- UK, European and other international commercial property markets
- UK commercial estate agency
- Property management (including asset management, portfolio management and corporate real estate management)
- Professional ethics, including the rules, regulations and guidelines of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors
- Residential survey and valuation
- Inspection and measurement of commercial property
- Commercial estate agency marketing
- Practical application of Landlord and tenant law
- UK estate agency law
- Commercial service charges
- All aspects of commercial leases and events including termination and renewal, licence for alternation, alienation, dilapidations, remedies for default, etc.
- Business rates
- Green leases & sustainable property management
- Dispute resolution
- All aspects of commercial valuation
- Property Investment
- The industrial warehousing market (building on past specialisation in practice)
- Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) Board for the East Midlands
- Past Chairman of the RICS Local Association for Nottinghamshire
- Assessor for the RICS Assessment of Professional Competence (APC)
- Parish Councillor (Radcliffe On Trent)
- Vice Chairman of Radcliffe On Trent PC Planning & Environment Committee and a member of the Neighbourhood Plan steering group
- Member of the Community Advisory Board for the Harlequin 3 Oil Well in Radcliffe-On-Trent
- Formerly a volunteer within the Scouting movement having held various roles both as a Group Scout Leader and Group Chairman