Senior Lecturer in Information Systems
At undergraduate level Alicia is joint leader of two modules in which student teams work to develop web-based applications as entrepreneurs, or for external clients. Other teaching includes lecturing on usability studies and the supervision of final year dissertation students. At postgraduate level she teaches students following the core MSc module Information Management and Systems Strategy.
Collaboration with UK and international research partners in the area of Artificial Intelligence and macroeconomic forecasting. This programme of research has gained an international reputation for its originality and high potential in the field of finance. To date, two main areas of study have been inflation forecasting and currency exchange rate forecasting.
Applied Economics and Policy
Artificial Intelligence (specifically neural networks) applied to economic and business problems. For example, neural networks can be applied as a macroeconomic forecasting tool to model inflation, or used to forecast daily currency exchange rates.
- Reviewer for the journals Global Business and Economics Review and Journal of Advances in Econometrics since 2003
- Manuscript reviewer for Sage and Pearsons publishers
- Contributor of spreadsheets to the website for Colin Drury's management accounting textbooks which are the market leader in Europe
Sponsors and collaborators
Collaboration with colleagues from UK universities including:
- Dr Jane M Binner, Aston Business School
- Dr Rakesh Bissoondeeal, Aston Business School
- Dr Graham Kendall, School of Computer Science and Information Technology, Nottingham University
- Dr Andrew W Mullineux, Birmingham Business School.
International collaborations include working with:
- Professor Shu-Heng Chen, Department of Economics, National Chengchi University, Taipei, Taiwan
- Dr Thomas Elger, Department of Economics, Lund University, Sweden
- Dr Barry Jones, Department of Economics, State University of New York at Binghamton
- Vincent Schmidt, United States Air Force Research Laboratory, Ohio, USA.