Angharad teaches across all levels of the BA (Hons) Textile Design course, specialising in Computer Aided Design (CAD) and woven textiles – hand, machine and CAD, with a strong interest in woven textiles for sportswear, medical and protective applications, and cross / multi-disciplinary practice. Academic duties within this role include:
- delivery of practical design led workshops
- supporting students through personal and academic tutorials
- project supervision
- design tutorials
Angharad is also Research Fellow in Clothing Longevity (2014/15): part of a multi-disciplinary team working on a DEFRA-funded project, in collaboration with industry partners, exploring the development and implementation of sustainable strategies to support design for clothing longevity in the fashion and textiles industry.
2011 – 2014 Associate Research Staff working on Innovation Portal Technology Feasibility Studies for external industry clients, Duncan of Jordanstone College of Art and Design (DJCAD), Dundee University
2012 – 2014 Visiting Lecturer in Fashion and Textiles, Glasgow School of Art
2010 – 2012 Textile Design Lecturer: woven textiles, Duncan of Jordanstone College of Art and Design (DJCAD), Dundee University
2011 – 2012 Design & Craft Lecturer: Professional Practice & Employability, Duncan of Jordanstone College of Art and Design (DJCAD), Dundee University
Eight years experience as a self-employed design professional working on a variety of design, research and community engagement projects for clients such as: Zero Waste Scotland, Commonwealth Games Cultural programme, Rothesay Townscape Heritage Initiative, Craft Town Scotland, Shetland Museum, CCI Shetland, Mother of Pearl fashion, kraft architecture, NESTA and Wieden and Kennedy London.
Prior to this Angharad worked as a weave and textile designer at textile mills in the UK, Italy and India.
- Clothing Longevity
- Sustainable fashion and textiles
- Consumer behaviour and perspectives on clothing longevity
- Craft theory and practice
- Textile design for health and wellbeing
- Community, place and heritage
- The role of humour in textiles, art and design
- Digital textiles
Sponsors and collaborators
- DEFRA / WRAP
- McLaren, A., Oxborrow, L., Cooper, T., Hill, H. and Goworek, H. (2015). Clothing longevity perspectives: exploring consumer expectations, consumption and use. In Product Lifetimes And The Environment (PLATE) Conference Proceedings, 17-19 June - Nottingham, UK. Edited by T. Cooper, N. Braithwaite, M. Moreno, G. Salvia. Published by Nottingham Trent University: CADBE. Pp. 229-235. ISBN 978-0-9576009-9-7.
- McLaren, A. and Mclauchlan, S. (2015). Crafting Sustainable Repairs: Practice based approaches to extending the life of clothes. In Product Lifetimes And The Environment (PLATE) Conference Proceedings, 17-19 June - Nottingham, UK. Edited by T. Cooper, N. Braithwaite, M. Moreno, G. Salvia. Published by Nottingham Trent University: CADBE. Pp. 221-228. ISBN 978-0-9576009-9-7.
- Woven textiles
- Sustainability in fashion
- Technical and performance textiles