Dr. Jenkins’ role is to teach contextual studies through seminars, lectures and individual tutorials. He runs the Level 2 Design in Context module and is a tutor on the Level 1 Design in Context module and Level 3 Dissertation module.
- 1990 BA (Hons) University of Manchester
- 1995 MA University of Nottingham
- 2014 PhD University of Nottingham
Dr. Jenkins has been with Graphic Design at Nottingham Trent University since 2002. He has also taught in Secondary Education and in Further Education.
Dr. Jenkins’ PhD was on the American social theorist Philip Rieff. He has a wider interest in post-war American intellectual history, particularly the counterculture of the 1960s.
Dr. Jenkins’ recent conference papers:
- ‘Design and Technology: Questions for the Future’ at the ‘Future Trends in Visual Communication Design Conference’, Nottingham Trent University 2017
- ‘Dancing with Panthers: Black Power at the SuperBowl’ at the ‘Revisiting Nostalgia and the Hyperreal’ Symposium, Oxford Brookes, 2018