Hannah Halliday is the Course Leader on the BA (Hons) Graphic Design programme at NTU. She contributes to all levels of the course, including the Masters program and is currently the joint module leader for level 6 (final year).
Hannah joined NTU direct from industry in 2016, having been a visiting lecturer since 2010. With over 15 years’ experience Hannah has worked at leading London agencies specialising in brand creation and delivery. Most recently she was an Associate Director and Design Director at The One Off, a top 30 multi-disciplinary design agency based in London and Melbourne.
Whilst there, Hannah led creative teams in both studios. Working for a broad range of leading global clients from different sectors and industries through a mixture of media and disciplines. From brand creation, delivery and management, to environments, product development, packaging and motion.
She continues to be passionate in her own practice about pure and immersive design experiences and the development of ethical & sustainable design solutions, whilst mentoring the next generation of designers in her role at NTU.
- Exploring the role of live briefs in a higher education setting
- The role of 'ambiguity' in studio practice and the development of tacit skills.
- Sustainable design solutions and design ethics.
- MISTD (member of the International Society of Typographic Designers)
- Member of the D&AD
- Commercial practice including brand / strategy consultancy, mentoring and bespoke design projects
Awards & Publications
- Drum Awards 2014 - Primark Hosiery - Packaging
- Design Week Awards 2014 - Print Communications - Fegrigoni Calendar
- Luto logo - Angus Hylands symbol book 2011 - Laurence King
- Design Week Awards 2004 - Print design - Orange
- Design Effectiveness Awards 2003 - Retail category - Ocado
- New York Art Directors Award 2003 - Distinction - Orange
- D&AD 2003 - Featured in the book - Orange
- Design Week Awards 2003 - Interactive design - Orange
Graphic design, Branding and Experience design