Senior Lecturer, New Media and Motion Graphics
- July 2005 – October 2005 UCAS DVD
The aim of this project is to produce a promotional DVD for use at the UCAS fair and other marketing opportunities to attract future students to the School of Art and Design.
- July 2004 – Ongoing bid for programme IT Provision
Drafting a rational for the replacement of Apple Mac IT provision across the programme. Sourcing IT technologies and compiling list for purchasing to accommodate the IT requirements of a cohort of 500+ students. Project fund £400,000.
- 2003 – Interactive DVD for international studentsPart of a team creating a DVD for the school of Art and Design international students.
Roberts research interests lie in the area of digital technologies, focusing mainly in the area of the moving image and motion graphics. A large part of this research involves maintaining a knowledge base in appropriate software for the creation of digital video and interactive media, which also includes research into new developments on the Apple Mac platform. Recently he has been interested in live video events and the area of VJ software. His current research development is in the area of eLearning as part of a wider online community base for students.
- July 2005 – Winner first prize D&AD award - TV category
Links with industry professionals securing studio visits and placements for students within the area of Graphic Design. Leading to live projects as part of a collaboration between the industry and students on the course. Recently this included the design for a CD cover artwork and booklet for the Prodigy ‘Their Law’ best of album with XL Recordings.
Sponsors and collaborators
- Recently undertook a short course on the creative collaborations, collaborating with academics and Industry specialists within the region. This led to a live VJ event as part of the course.
- Collaboration with colleagues across the college as part of the Digital Arts Lab (DAL) group. To develop a strategy to engage post-graduate and final year students within this area.