Totie is a senior lecturer across the Design for Performance courses. She is year one tutor and module leader on Theatre Design. She teaches the year two visionary project 'Large Scale Design for Live Music' utilising her 20 years of professional experience as the stage designer for touring musicals, worldwide for Cameron Mackintosh. She also teaches the digital technical software packages required to be stage and costume designer, they are AutoCAD, Photoshop, Illustrator and SketchUP.
Totie was nominated for the NTSU Outstanding Teaching Award 2019
Totie is an NTU alumni- Theatre Design-Class of 1992.
- Award Winning International Stage Designer-
- 'Miss Saigon' for Cameron Mackintosh, Prince Edwards Theatre London-Winner -‘Best Stage Designer” at the 'Whats On Stage' Awards, Broadway theatre NY, Two UK tours, Australian Tour, Sao Paulo- Brazil, Utrecht, Japan Tour, Korean Tour, Currantly on a US Tour and planning for Vienna 2020
- 'Oliver' for Cameron Mackintosh- UK Tour and Ghent.
- Set and Costume Designer-
- Devised Productions-Theatre Clwyd- Floras War, Word for Word, Pocket, the ballad of Megan Morgan
- YoHo-Leicester Haymarket
- The Marriage of Mr Mississippi-New End Theatre-Hampstead
- Associate Designer- Model maker and drafts person-
- Richard Hudson- Lion King-Dominion Theatre, Don Giovanni & Queen of Spades for Glyndebourne Opera
- Anthony Ward- My Fair Lady, Othello, Sweet Bird of Youth & Oklahoma-National Theatre. Chitty Chitty Bang Bang- Eon productions - London Palladium. Nine -Donmar Warehouse
- Tim Hatley- Out of a House Walked a Man, Caucasian Chalk Circle- Theatre De Complicite at the National Theatre. Merchant of Venice-Athens. Stanley- National Theatre. HMS Pinafore & Die Fledermaus- D'Oyly Carte
- Lez Brotherston- Acorn Antiques the Musical!, Written by Victoria Wood
- Production Designer-
- ' Miss Saigon' in cinemas across the world-2016
- 'Oliver' at The Royal Variety Performance, Miss Saigon at the Olivier and Tony award ceremony's
- Exhibition Designer- 'Behind the Curtain' Francis Hammel painting- V&A
- Props Maker- Opera North, BBC, New /Adventures
Since 1843: In the making, an exhibition of over 100 selected works from Nottingham Trent University alumni, held across the University's City site. The exhibition marks the start of a year-long celebration of the School of Art & Design's 170th anniversary.
Course(s) I teach on