Professor Woods is Emeritus Professor of Gay and Lesbian Studies. He carries out research in the areas of: LGBT literary and cultural studies. Professor Woods is also a critically acclaimed.
Professor Woods' research interests include:
- LGBT literary and cultural studies
- Writing poetry.
- An Ordinary Dog shortlisted for East Midlands Book Award (2012)
- Fellowship Committee, English Association (2011-present)
- Chair of Judges, Michael Murphy Memorial Prize (2011)
- Strategic Reviewer, Arts and Humanities Research Council (2010-present)
- Artistic Assessor, Arts Council England (2010-present)
- Judge, English Association Fellows' Poetry Prize (2010)
- Member, Peer Review College, European Science Foundation (2009-present)
- Member, editorial board, Changing English (2008-present)
- Member, Peer Review College, Arts and Humanities Research Council (2004-present)
- Chair, Expert Panel for Gender Studies on the project Building a European Reference Index for the Humanities (ERIH) European Science Foundation (2004-present)
- Hawthornden Fellow (2008)
- Founding Fellow of the English Association (2000-present)
- Referee for Journal of Gender Studies; Body and Society; European Journal of American Studies; Yale University Press; Theory, Culture and Society; Edinburgh University Press; Routledge; Taylor and Francis; Manchester University Press; Indiana University Press; Columbia University Press; Brilliance Books, etc.
- Visiting Fellow, Law Department, Keele University (February-March 2002)
Very Soon I Shall Know. Woods G, 2012, Nottingham, Shoestring
Novels of Same-sex Desire. Woods G, in (eds) Caserio R and Hawes C ,The Cambridge History of the English Novel, 2012, 791-806, Cambridge, Cambridge University Press
An Ordinary Dog. Woods G, 2011, Manchester, Carcanet Press
British Homosexuality 1920-1939. Woods G in (ed) T Sharpe, W.H.Auden in Context, 2012, Cambridge, Cambridge University Press.
Homintern: How Gay Culture Liberated the Modern World Woods G., 2016, New Haven & London, Yale University Press.See all of Gregory Woods's publications...
Professor Woods can offer comment on:
- LGBT studies
- gay / lesbian film, writing and culture
- queer culture
- poetry (as writer and critic).