Her current role involves lecturing in a range of modules, leading seminar and tutorials, marking coursework and exams, and providing constructive feedback.
- 2017 – Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Marketing at Nottingham Business School
- 2016 – Hourly Paid Lecturer in Marketing at Nottingham Business School
- 2016 – Hourly Paid Lecturer in Fashion journalism at the University of Huddersfield
- 2012 – 2016 Teaching Assistant and PhD student at the University of Manchester, School of Materials.
- 2015 – Buying team of JD Williams
- 2009 – Retailing at USC Fashion
- 2005 – 2009 Banking at Lloyds TSB
Arooj’s PhD thesis, from the University of Manchester, was titled the impact of country of origin on retail and wholesale brands in the UK fashion industry. Her PhD thesis, which was qualitative in nature, focused on the importance of country of origin in both manufacturing and branding from the industry perspectives, and how the UK fashion industry used COO as a branding tool in different retail settings. Her PhD work was published in a Textile Magazine and in an International Journal: Journal of Fashion Marketing and Management. Arooj’s current work focuses on COO branding and re-shoring fashion manufacturing.
Sponsors and collaborators
Dr. Liz Barnes – Assistant Vice Dean at The University of Manchester, School of Materials
Prof. Gary Warnaby – Professor of Marketing at Manchester Metropolitan University, Business School.