To develop and support the personal and professional development of postgraduate students in Nottingham Business School. To encourage and promote student life-long learning so to foster the continuous development and improvement of the knowledge and skills needed for employment and personal fulfilment.
Prior to embarking upon an academic career, Claudia spent 10 years working in live brand communication agencies. This highly creative industry enabled Claudia to develop communication strategies for top corporate clients, as well as project manage them from conception to completion. Her clients ranged from retail, telecommunications and financial sectors. Her management of a Leadership Education Centre in Hertfordshire enabled her to use her creative talent to create dynamic leadership/ team challenges that simulated real-time industry problems for corporate clients. She joined the University of Huddersfield in July 2009. She gained her fellowship of the higher education academy in January 2011 and her PgCHE in 2012. She gained her MA in 2013 and her PhD in 2016. She now works at NTU, focusing on postgraduate personal and professional development. Research interests include the internationalisation of HE, such as academic staff mobility, curricula and TNE. She is also interested in researching, understanding and developing dynamic pedagogies to support the personal and professional development of HE students.
- The development of social capital between operational employees in Transnational Education Partnerships
- International Academic Staff mobility
- Dynamic pedagogies to support personal and professional development
- CPD to support postgraduate employability
- Studies in Higher Education
- The International Journal of Higher Education Research
- Journal of Applied Research in Higher Education
- International Journal of Mentoring and Coaching
- Education + Training
- Asian Pacific Education
- Completed the AURORA 2016 Leadership Foundation Programme: Women Leaders in Higher Education.
- Consultant on the HEA Internationalisation Framework. Member of CMI, SRHE and BERA.
- External doctoral examiner
- HEA Internationalisation Bid Chinese Students on UK degrees in China £17,500 (unsuccessful) ESRC Brexit and the International Strategic Management of UK Universities £100,000 (unsuccessful)
- Bordogna, C., Harvey, H., Bailey, W., (2017). ‘Creating a veneer of internationalisation? Are UK higher education institutions doing enough to integrate international academic staff into their working environment?’ BERA Conference. 4th- 7th Sept. Uni of Sussex, Brighton.
- The above paper was also presented at: 12th QS- APPLE (Asia). 22-24th November. Putrajaya International Convention Centre, Putrajaya, Malaysia.
- Bordogna, C. & Harvey, H. (2016). ‘Internationalising the higher education landscape.’ 16th December. QMUL, London.
- Bordogna, C.M (2016) 'How do the activities of faculty members affect relationships in TNE partnerships? Findings from an empirical investigation of two Sino-British TNE partnerships.'
- Bridging the Gap: Research and Practice in Transnational Education. NTU Nottingham. 10th June.
- The above paper was also presented at: The Benefits and Challenges of Internationalisation in Competitive Global HE Environment: Celebrating one year of the Hull ASEAN network. 22nd March. University of Hull, Hull
- Bordogna, C. (2017) The effects of boundary spanning on the development of social capital between faculty members operating transnational higher education partnerships. Studies in Higher Education. https://doi.org/10.1080/03075079.2017.1349742
- Bordogna, C. (2017) Transnational higher education partnerships and the role of operational faculty members: developing an alternative theoretical approach for empirical research. Journal of Studies in International Education. 22 (1) pp3-19 DOI: 10.1177/1028315317724555.
- Bordogna, C. (2017) ‘Spanning boundaries and keeping objectivity: the challenges of international multiple-case study design.’ SAGE Research Method Cases. DOI: 10.4135/9781473972933. Available at: http://methods.sagepub.com/case/transnational-multiple-case-study-researcher-reflexivity-decision-making
- Healey, N., and Bordogna, C. (2014) 'From transnational to multinational education: emerging trends in international higher education' Internationalisation of Higher Education. Germany: Raabe Academic Publishers. (3) pp. 33-56.
Course(s) I teach on