Dr Feray Adıgüzel is senior lecturer of marketing at Nottingham Business School. She holds a PhD in Marketing from University of Groningen, the Netherlands. Before joining at Nottingham Business School, Dr. Adıgüzel worked for 5 years at Luiss University in Italy, 3 years at Erasmus University School of Economics in Rotterdam (Netherlands) and five years at VU University in Amsterdam (Netherlands). She also externally has supervised master thesis students at University of Amsterdam, and VU University Amsterdam.
She studied Statistics at the Middle East Technical University (METU, Turkey), and holds a M.S degree in Statistics from METU and Ph.D. in Marketing from University of Groningen (The Netherlands). She holds a degree of Associate Professorship in Marketing from Italy and Turkey. Feray Adiguzel has been at University of Michigan Ross School of Business (U.S.A.) as a visiting scholar more than 3 years during her PhD. She worked at LUISS University in Italy, Erasmus University School of Economics in Rotterdam, and VU University in Amsterdam before joining NTU. She externally has supervised master thesis students at University of Amsterdam, and VU University Amsterdam.
Her main research interests are sustainability, quantitative marketing, digital marketing, cross cultural marketing and advertising. Dr Adıgüzel has published high quality articles and has presented several research papers in various international conferences. She has published in journals such as Journal of Marketing Research, International Journal of Research in Marketing, Journal of Business Research, Journal of Economic Psychology, Journal of Cleaner production, Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, and Journal of Consumer Marketing. The paper that she collaborated with Michalek, J., Ebbes, P., Feinberg, R.E. & Papalambros, P. was received 2011 IJRM Best paper award. Dr Adıgüzel has expertise in quantitative data analysis, especially Bayesian methods, missing and incomplete data imputation, and have knowledge in statistical programming. She also have experience in conducting marketing experiments, working with survey and panel data.
Feray's research interests include:
- Sustainability (sustainable new products, sustainability communication, sustainability and luxury)
- Digital marketing (social influence, social media platforms)
- Cross-cultural marketing research (consumer behaviour in emerging and developed countries)
- Quantitative marketing (Bayesian statistics and marketing, discrete choice models, survey research methods, experimental design)
- Advertising (advertising effectiveness)
Dr Adiguzel is involved in a collaborative work with colleagues in other institutions. Feray continues to work with external organisations in relation to split questionnaires and missing data imputation.
- Feray Adıgüzel and Michel Wedel (2008), “Split Questionnaire Survey Design for Massive Surveys”, Journal of Marketing Research, 45(5), 608-617, ISSN: 00222437.
- Jeremy J. Michalek, Peter Ebbes, Feray Adıgüzel, Fred M. Feinberg, and Panos Y. Papalambros (2011), “Realizable Product Line Design Optimization: Coordinating Marketing and Engineering Models via Analytical Target Cascading”, International Journal of Research in Marketing, 28(1), 1-12, ISSN: 0167-8116.
- Lead paper & the winner of the 2011 IJRM Best Paper award.
- Csilla Horváth, Feray Adıgüzel, and Hester van Herk (2013), “Cultural Aspects of Compulsive Buying in Emerging and Developed Economies: A cross cultural study in compulsive buying”, Organization and Markets in Emerging Economies, 4(2), 8-24. ISSN 2345-0037.
- Csilla Horváth, Oliver B. Büttner, Nina Belei, Feray Adıgüzel (2015), “Balancing the Balance: Self- Control Mechanisms and Compulsive Buying,” Journal of Economic Psychology, 49, 120-132, ISSN: 0167-4870.
- Matteo De Angelis, Feray Adıgüzel, Cesare Amatulli (2017) “The role of design similarity in consumers’ evaluation of new green products: An investigation of luxury fashion brands”, Journal of Cleaner Production, 141, 1515-1527, ISSN: 0959-6526.
- Csilla Horváth and Feray Adıgüzel (2018) “Shopping Enjoyment to the Extreme: Hedonic Shopping Motivations and Compulsive Buying in Developed and Emerging Markets”, Journal of Business Research, 86, 300-310, ISSN: 0148-2963.
- Feray Adıgüzel, Mirella Kleijnen, Burçak B. Başbuğ, and Ceylan Yozgatlıgil (2019), “Identifying Non-Adopter Consumer Segments: An Empirical Study on Earthquake Insurance Adoption in Turkey”, The Journal of Consumer Affairs, 53(2), 662-695, ISSN: 0022-0078.
- Feray Adıgüzel and Carmela Donato (2020), “I like you, but only if not too successful: Male Spokespersons”, Journal of Consumer Marketing, 37(1), 110-123, ISSN: 0736-3761 ABS ranking: 1 Impact: 2.17 CNRS ranking: 4 FNEGE ranking: 4 ABDC ranking: A.
- Feray Adıgüzel and Carmela Donato (2021), “Proud to be Sustainable: Upcycled vs Recycled New Products”, Journal of Business Research, 130, 137-146.
- Kerem Gürses, Pınar Özcan, and Feray Adıgüzel (2021), “Repeated Partnerships and Radical Innovation: Evidence from Wireless Gaming Market”, Journal of Business Research-Turk (İşletme Araştırmaları Dergisi), 13(2), 1177-1186, ISSN: 1309 - 0712 https://doi.org/10.20491/isarder.2021.1191.
- Feray Adıgüzel (2021), “Consumer engagement on social media: Its dynamics and impact on box office sales”, Pazarlama ve Pazarlama Araştırmaları Dergisi, 14(3), 643-668, ISSN: 1309-243X, Doi: 10.15659/ppad.14.3.932621.
- Feray Adıgüzel (2021), “The effect of YouTube reviews on video game sales”, Journal of Business Research-Turk (İşletme Araştırmaları Dergisi), 13(3), 2096-2109, ISSN: 1309 - 0712 https://doi.org/10.20491/isarder.2021.1249.
- Feray Adıgüzel and Carmela Donato (2022), “Which eco-label? The effect of visual complexity on eco-labelled product evaluations”, Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, 67, 102961, ISSN: 0969-6989, Doi:https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jretconser.2022.102961.
- Feray Adıgüzel, Matteo De Angelis, Cesare Amatulli (2018), “Design similarity as a tool for sustainable new luxury product adoption: The role of luxury brand knowledge and product ephemerality.” In: Gardetti M., Muthu S. (eds) Sustainable Luxury, Entrepreneurship, and Innovation. Environmental Footprints and Eco-design of Products and Processes. Springer, Singapore. ISBN: 978-981-10-6715-0.
- Adıgüzel with Linkowski C., Erik Olson (2020), “Do sustainable labels make us more negligent? Rebound effect and moral licensing in the clothing industry”, Sustainability in the Textile and Apparel Industries, Consumerism and Fashion Sustainability, Springer Nature ISBN: 978-3-030-38531-6.
- Feray Adıgüzel (2020) “Does brand type make a difference? Message framing and a new sustainable fashion product”, Sustainability in the Textile and Apparel Industries, Consumerism and Fashion Sustainability, Springer Nature ISBN: 978-3-030-38531-6.
- Feray Adıgüzel with Carmela Donato (2021), “Upcycled versus recycled products by luxury brands: Status and environmental concern motives”, Developing Successful Global Strategies for Marketing Luxury Brands, IGI Global, ISBN13: 9781799858829.