Senior Lecturer, Project Lead for Collaborative Online International Learning (COIL). An ambitious researcher with collaboration proficiency within the research areas of consumer/buyer behaviour, responsible, ethical, and sustainable consumption, and marketing. Responsive and diligent educator with over seven years of experience working in higher education environment.
Adept at delivering MBA, PG and UG modules in marketing and business management, including global/international marketing, consumer behaviour, principles of marketing, marketing communication and strategy. Achieved highest student satisfaction in terms of module delivery and module leader; awarded for best COIL projects between Amsterdam Applied Science University and Coventry University. Successfully develop and delivered online (Future Learn Platform) and offline Global Marketing and Marketing strategy courses for both UG and PG students.
My research focuses on developing a holistic view on understanding consumer motivations towards purchasing local food. This study sought to address a gap in knowledge on the influences on consumer purchase intention for local food and raised questions as to what local food might mean for consumers, beyond the binary influences of local support and personal/altruistic and ethical factors in the local food purchasing decision. Currently, researching on personal branding and social media marketing concept.
- Guest speaker for Lyon Business School France
- Content developer and tutor for Institute of Food Science & Technology Programme
Sponsors and collaborators
- Banerjee. R and Quinn.B (2022) Exploring Consumer Constructions of Local Food: Meanings and Influence, European Journal of Marketing
- Spivey. N and Banerjee. R (2019) Ethical Advertisement: A Case Study on A Fire Service, British Conference of Undergraduate Research (BCUR).
- Taylor. B and Banerjee. R (2018) the relationship between Music and Fashion and its effect on the buying behaviour of youth culture within the U.K., British Conference of Undergraduate Research (BCUR).
- Das. R and Hagan. D (2016) Ethical consumption: the role of emotion in local food purchasing and consumption, Academy of Marketing Conference.
- Das. R, Quinn.B and Dunn.A (2015) Insight of consumers' motivations of purchasing local food, Academy of Marketing Conference.
- Das. R, Quinn.B (2014) Consumers' motivations behind purchasing local food and stakeholders' approaches: a communication perspective', British Academy of Management Conference.